Anniversary

JimSTer

Motorcycle "rider"!!
Bike
15 Yamaha FJ-09
STOC #
It just occurred to me that I joined ST-Owners seven years ago today? And who would have guessed where that has led me. And all these wonderful people I've come to know.
I bought a black 1991 Honda ST 1100 on June 1st 2008 and soon signed up to attend Kevin's WisSTOC event in Spring Green Wisconsin.
I didn't know a soul when I arrived. But it didn't take long to be welcomed into the fold by most of those that were already at the motel. It was a rainy weekend and Kevin offered to share his room with me and wouldn't allow me to pay him for it. Much better than camping since I was not really equipped for it.
We had a great ride on Friday enjoying some of Wisconsins finest twistees.
Saturday turned out to be real wet and I didn't have a very good rain suit. So I opted out.
This weekend set the tone for many more ST events that I have attended over the years. And I've developed some wonderful relationships with many of the members. I've also gained more technical knowledge of my motorcycles through the sharing of this group. Buying and selling farkles etc.
I just can't say enough about what all of this has done to my life. I can't imagine how dull my life would have been without this wonderful group. And I hope that there are many more years to come. I love all of ya!

okckeith

Site Supporter
Bike
2017 Triumph Trophy
I just can't say enough about what all of this has done to my life. I can't imagine how dull my life would have been without this wonderful group. And I hope that there are many more years to come. I love all of ya!
Well I am glad your behavior has gotten better since the first time I met you and Mark at ArkanSTOC. :D Poor Bug Dr. had to move the event half way across the state.
Glad to have met you JimSTer. And I'll see you soon. Please try to behave yourself.

Bike
2005 Concours
Jimster, Believe me, I can relate! My first event was FerrySTOC 2012. That's where I met all these colorful character's that I too have come to love, in their own special way. It seems as if my life now centers around the next event. Unfortunately, for me, I'm not able to attend all of the events I would like, but that just makes those that I can that much more special.

Keep riding and will see you down the road somewhere. Take care.

ToddC

Site Supporter
Bike
2006 ST1300A
Well ....Happy A !

TC

Hope my years to come are as good as yours have been. First WeSToc coming up this year.

TC

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
Jim... Jim... the name sounds familiar.. just can't place it....... hmmm LOL!

Happy anniversary Jim! Hope to see you soon.

OP
OP
JimSTer

JimSTer

Motorcycle "rider"!!
Bike
15 Yamaha FJ-09
STOC #
Well I am glad your behavior has gotten better since the first time I met you and Mark at ArkanSTOC. :D Poor Bug Dr. had to move the event half way across the state.
Glad to have met you JimSTer. And I'll see you soon. Please try to behave yourself.
Great story, Keith. However my memory serves me some what differently.
According to Mark, we were responding to an invitation. And then............ Well for the rest of you, ask me about it and I'll explain the details.
And it was a fun time anyway. I'm very pleased to have met you, Keith. Hope your knee is doing better and hope to see you soon.
And I promise to behave..........I think.

John OoSTerhuis

Life Is Good!
Bike
1991 SSMST1100
STOC #
Happy STanniversary, Jim. I'm proud to call you 'friend.'

Edit: juST noticed this is my 10th anniversary on 'Owners' (and 17th on 'Riders')... my my my, time does fly...

Warm Regards, John
via iPhone 6i

Last edited:
OP
OP
JimSTer

JimSTer

Motorcycle "rider"!!
Bike
15 Yamaha FJ-09
STOC #
Thanks Joe. It will be good to see you again since all the mud at RanchSTOC.

OP
OP
JimSTer

JimSTer

Motorcycle "rider"!!
Bike
15 Yamaha FJ-09
STOC #
Jimster, Believe me, I can relate! My first event was FerrySTOC 2012. That's where I met all these colorful character's that I too have come to love, in their own special way. It seems as if my life now centers around the next event. Unfortunately, for me, I'm not able to attend all of the events I would like, but that just makes those that I can that much more special.

Keep riding and will see you down the road somewhere. Take care.
Thanks, John. And hope to see you down the road real soon as well.

Bike
18 Gold Wing
STOC #
Happy ST anniversary Jim! It's been great to get to know you but I'm not ever going to have you as a partner in a game of cards ;)!
See you somewhere down the road.

okckeith

Site Supporter
Bike
2017 Triumph Trophy
Happy anniversary friend. We should start planning the next trip.
If you two youngsters travels ever bring you through Oklahoma City, you know you have a place to stay. Always good to see you guys!
I'll never forget the first time I met you Bruce. It was two weeks after I met JimSTer. It was at GeezerSTOC. I still don't know who had more fun. You two or Dinkie's son. You three just seemed to hit it off. Pretty cool to see.

Top Bottom