Clearview windshield

Bike
2007 ST1300
I replaced my stock windshield a couple of weeks ago with a new Clearview windshield. What a difference. I should have done this soon after purchasing the ST1300 a few years ago.

KTD1911

R.I.P. - 2020/10/13
Rest In Peace
Bike
2018 can am spyderf3
I have using clearview windscreen's. Since 1998 first on my pc800 then my 05 St and now on my 07 St . they make a great product with lots of options

Bike
2016 FJR1300ES
STOC #
I picked mine up at WeSTOC 11 in Golden, CO in 2006. Clearview has been a WeSTOC sponsor several times and showed up in the parking lot with their truck. They let you "test drive" the various screens on your bike and sold them right there in the lot. They even provided a BBQ lunch! Good people!!

During WeSTOC 17 in 2012 a few of us rode up to their plant and got to see how they make the screens. Pretty impressive setup.

http://WeSTOC.org
#WeSTOC
#WeSTOC20

Bike
92 ST1100
I picked mine up at WeSTOC 11 in Golden, CO in 2006. Clearview has been a WeSTOC sponsor several times and showed up in the parking lot with their truck. They let you "test drive" the various screens on your bike and sold them right there in the lot. They even provided a BBQ lunch! Good people!!

During WeSTOC 17 in 2012 a few of us rode up to their plant and got to see how they make the screens. Pretty impressive setup.

http://WeSTOC.org
#WeSTOC
#WeSTOC20
Yeppers......and a fun ride it is up thru the four-lane canyon:D. OOppps.....they moved their location, IIRC, so maybe not so much:confused:.

Bike
07 ST1300
I just put a GT small on my 07. Seems to have a screaming noise over 50 unless I raise the shield all the way up or almost all the way. Whats up with that? I have not seen any one else mention that. It has those cats eye vents on the sides.
I like the protection but this noise I don't know.

Bones

Your Humble Scribe
Bike
2014 BMW R1200RT
STOC #
My GT Small had a Gold Wing vent, not cat's eyes, so I can't help with the screaming noise. Are you annoying the cats somehow? :rolleyes:

Seriously, why not try moving the shield up to the higher position on the arms. I used to do that for cold weather riding and it was quieter.

Bike
'04 ST1300 Blue STar
Make sure that it is actually the cat's eye's,,, by putting some tape over them to see it the sound changes. Also,,, I read once that the difference in airflow that the Clearview makes can cause some of the looser plastic on the front cowl to whistle or vibrate. Something to look for. If it turns out to be that,,, it should be curable. I am interested to hear, as I just trial mounted my new Clearview GT medium. I ordered it without the 5-position GL vent,, and without the cat's eyes. I do anticipate raking it back a bit,,, like I had done with my oem shield, after testing in the spring. Good Luck,, Cat'

Bike
07 ST1300
As a follow up I have no follow up. Winter fell hard and heavy here and I have not ridden in a while. Noises on faired bikes are so hard to figure out.

CYYJ

Michael
Bike
None any more.
STOC #
I bought a Clearview windshield for my ST 1100 many years ago, and I am very happy with the difference it made.

I have not bought an aftermarket windshield for my ST 1300 - I have found that because the ST 1300 windshield is electrically adjustable, I can find an 'optimum position' using the stock windshield.

Michael

Bike
2006 ST1300A
Wisconsin warmed up just enough today to get a 40 mile ride with new clearview med with the GW vent. LOVE IT but started getting the same scream others have discussed. Other posts indicate that the noise is coming from the two pieces of plastic under the shield. The noise went away after raising the shield just below my line of sight. I really don't like it that high. I copied the link to the thread from this site that discusses it. I'll give it a try because other than this nuance, I full on love this shield.

https://www.st-owners.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-25299.html

Bike
07 ST1300
As a follow up I have no follow up. Winter fell hard and heavy here and I have not ridden in a while. Noises on faired bikes are so hard to figure out.
As a follow up to my follow up, I rode with the ckearview small gt again nd had the screaming noise again. I stuffed my hand down the center over the dash and the noise stopped. Put the stock screen back on again.
I just did the screen mod moving the stock screen out about an inch top and bottom. Results were not spectacular. Then I moved the TOP mount in, so it was about 1 inch bottom and 1/4 inch top. Results were better. THEN I tried the clearview on it. Results were fantastic! No screaming and NO buffeting at all on the highway in any position.
The bike is transformed! Tracks straight and true, right through the dirty air from semi trucks and side winds. No back draft at all. And I have my superior hand protection back. All good! I MAY move the top mount out an 8th of an inch..just to see.

Bike
2000 ST1100
I've been trying to sort the noise issue (for me at least) since I got my ST1100, about 2 months now. I first tried a Laminar Lip, but at every level, from below the top edge to maximum height above the top edge, it did absolutely nothing. It was returned. Now I received my Clearview window. Installed yesterday and I will do about 125 miles today and see if it helps the noise some. I look over it by maybe 2 inches or so, as tall as it can be without being in my line of sight. In 40 years of street riding, and at least as many bikes (probably more), this is the noisiest bike by far. I've ridden behind big and small fairings, naked bikes, open faced, full coverage, and modular helmets and never really have had an issue with noise. I do wear ear plugs and it's unbearable with the stock screen. If this latest screen doesn't make a decent improvement, I'll be selling a low mileage ST1100, as in 15,000 miles. That will be unfortunate, because that's the only thing I have to complain about this motorbike. I will post back here my observations, if anyone is interested. As always, YMMV. Chunk.

Bike
2000 ST1100
As promised I'm back with an updated review of sorts after logging about 300 miles or so over the last 2 days, with my new Clearview windshield. In short, much improved from the noise issue I had with the stock shield. I'm very pleased with the results. Even when I flip up the visor on my helmet, almost no air on my face, great wind protection, and being it's 2 inches wider on each side it offer almost complete protection for my upper body. I had light gloves on, and at 40 F I only felt a little cold on my hands and the tips of my toes, Very nice addition to a nice motorbike. I also had zero stability/handling issues with the slightly larger shield. All in all, it's a relatively inexpensive and quick solution to a noise problem. I would recommend to anyone who has the same noise issue as I did, cheers.

Top Bottom