Clearview windshield

Bike
92 ST1100
As promised I'm back with an updated review of sorts after logging about 300 miles or so over the last 2 days, with my new Clearview windshield. In short, much improved from the noise issue I had with the stock shield. I'm very pleased with the results. Even when I flip up the visor on my helmet, almost no air on my face, great wind protection, and being it's 2 inches wider on each side it offer almost complete protection for my upper body. I had light gloves on, and at 40 F I only felt a little cold on my hands and the tips of my toes, Very nice addition to a nice motorbike. I also had zero stability/handling issues with the slightly larger shield. All in all, it's a relatively inexpensive and quick solution to a noise problem. I would recommend to anyone who has the same noise issue as I did, cheers.
+1 using the Clearview shield!.......even better yet adding the Laminar Lip. The Laminar Lip, putting a slight down pressure on front of bike eliminates any instability in heavy cross-winds:).

Bike
1999 ST1100
STOC #
What size Clearview did you get (height inches)?
I was very happy with the early version Clearview. It had a slight curve, or flip in it.
Not at all happy with a later version where they more or less eliminated the curve. 22 in. and useless without a lip (MRA).
6 ft tall, no risers and look over the windshields as do you.

Last edited:
Bike
2000 ST1100
What size Clearview did you get (height inches)?
I was very happy with the early version Clearview. It had a slight curve, or flip in it.
Not at all happy with a later version where they more or less eliminated the curve. 22 in. and useless without a lip (MRA).
6 ft tall, no risers and look over the windshields as do you.
I believe I ordered the medium, which was stated to be 3 inches vertically higher than stock. Fitting a window, I think is subjective, one size does not fit all, for a host of reasons, height, length of torso, bar risers or not, etc. That's why I included the amount I look over, that's one constant that can be duplicated by different riders.
I put another 150 miles on today and am even more pleased, in fact I rode the last 7 miles with no ear plugs and it was okay, I wouldn't ride any distance without hearing protection, but it's nice to know that in a pinch I could. That wouldn't have been possible for me with the stock shield. cheers. Chunk.

Top Bottom