Ignition Problem?

OP
OP
wjbertrand

wjbertrand

Ventura Highway
I was beginning to suspect a mechanical problem again. Too much play in the right bank cam chain? Loose bearing fit for the right intake cam (which carries the cam position sensor wheel) letting it move about? I could not detect any problem with my inspections, but signals out of sync from the cam vs. the crank position sensors could possibly confuse the ECM?? Dunno, gotta stop thinking about it...

Andrew Shadow

Site Supporter
Bike
2009 ST1300A9
IT'S FIXED - at least as far as I'm concerned. STat's new owner, a navy mechanic, just rode off on her. He's got the whole service history and it didn't phase him at all. I told him to drop me a note if he solves the problem. Well, it's over, I gave up but it's a load off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Jeff:
Curious to know if the new owner ever got back to and more importantly did he ever find/fix this problem?

fnmag

R.I.P. - 2020
Rest In Peace
Bike
'06 ST1300/Burgmn400
IT'S FIXED - at least as far as I'm concerned. STat's new owner, a navy mechanic, just rode off on her. He's got the whole service history and it didn't phase him at all. I told him to drop me a note if he solves the problem. Well, it's over, I gave up but it's a load off.

Also waiting to hear if the new owner has solved the problem and what it was/is.

OP
OP
wjbertrand

wjbertrand

Ventura Highway
He has never contacted me and frankly I’m reluctant to contact him. I actually suspect he might have flipped it to someone else.

Top Bottom