Jammaman surgery/recovery update:

Nashcat

Site Supporter
Bike
2015 Versys 1000LT
STOC #
Thanks for the update. Good to hear of his progress.

John and Janis

OP
OP
SourKraut
Bike
2005 Concours
The latest info I have on Doug....Sue says he is home, using his walker, but doing very well. Looks like the surgery was a success, and hopefully, now, he can get back to being his old Jammaman self. Maybe even attend an event or two. I know he'd love to get back on a motorcycle, but I don't really see that happening, but if it's at all possible for him, he might just do it. I keep telling him to get in his four wheeler/cage, and "come on down". No one would care how he gets there, just do it. So we'll see.

Anyway, that's all I have for now. I'm hoping to talk to him sometime this week. That will be interesting I'm sure.

Toodles!

OP
OP
SourKraut
Bike
2005 Concours
Howdy to all.

I talked to Doug yesterday morning and he sounds really good. He is still having some pain, but believes it to be from the surgery itself, not his back. He said he is taking less medication, so that is good. He is home and that always makes a person feel better. His wife, Suzanne, is there helping in his recovery effort. He is supposed to, I think, see his surgeon next week. Right now, his therapy is being done at his residence in Oxford, MI.

So that is all I have. It sounds like his surgeon is really top notch. I still can't imagine cutting on my back and putting somekind of contraption inside. YUCK!

More later as I hear anything.

Tootles.....John/Sourkraut

Bike
2005 ST1300
Had a nice 1/2 hour talk with Doug the other day and says things are going pretty good. Has a cocktail of meds for his Parkinson, but his back is a lot better with little to no pain and sometimes none. He says that his biggest problem is getting bad on short term memory.... can't remember what he had for breakfast but has a mind full of great memories from meeting all the friends from riding. He said that means a lot to him, recalling events, gatherings, camping. He seemed real up beat and a joy to talk to. BOB

Bike
Suzuki Gladius
I'm glad of the positive news, Bob, good to know that Doug's surgery was successful. Also glad to hear that he has a positive attitude - that goes a long way!

Patty

VFR

"Uncle Larry"
Anybody hear anything about Doug lately??? Seems like it's been about two years since the last post. Who is close there that can check on him?

Got to thinking about him the other day and thought I would ask the question.

Top Bottom