Jammaman surgery/recovery update:

OP
OP
SourKraut
Bike
2005 Concours
Doug is doing good, he posts on Facebook. His surgery went well and he is almost pain free.
To add to Mac's post, Doug is well, shall we say, although, not the same. He has lost a 'HUGE" amount of weight. I think he's down below 200#'s. After his last back surgery, he has been riding his Peletron trainer on a regular basis. His plans are to ride his bycycle, along with his sister Sue, across Iowa, this coming July (I think). Can't remember the name of the event, but it's a big deal. Appparently you start out with your back tire in the Missouri River. Then you pedal across Iowa and end up putting your front tire in the Mississippi River. I think Mac is planning on riding in the same event. If at all possible, I'm going to try and be there, at the finish line, when he gets there.

If you're on Facebook, send him a friend request. I know he'd enjoy hearing from you. He has very fond memories of his ST family. I don't think, however, that we'll see him at any events in the near future. It would be great if a bunch of ST'rs could be at the finish line when he gets there. AND....if you know Doug at all, He'll be there!

Bike
2018 Gold Wing
STOC #
To add to Mac's post, Doug is well, shall we say, although, not the same. He has lost a 'HUGE" amount of weight. I think he's down below 200#'s. After his last back surgery, he has been riding his Peletron trainer on a regular basis. His plans are to ride his bycycle, along with his sister Sue, across Iowa, this coming July (I think). Can't remember the name of the event, but it's a big deal. Appparently you start out with your back tire in the Missouri River. Then you pedal across Iowa and end up putting your front tire in the Mississippi River. I think Mac is planning on riding in the same event. If at all possible, I'm going to try and be there, at the finish line, when he gets there.

If you're on Facebook, send him a friend request. I know he'd enjoy hearing from you. He has very fond memories of his ST family. I don't think, however, that we'll see him at any events in the near future. It would be great if a bunch of ST'rs could be at the finish line when he gets there. AND....if you know Doug at all, He'll be there!
I am going to try to do this on my ElliptiGO, Carole will be in the Short Bus, so I don't have to tent my way across. From what I have been told by fellow ElliptiGOers, it's a 400+ mile party across Iowa. The week of July 23-29 is the event. As John said, Doug has lost a lot of weight and is in the 170s or so now.

Last edited:

Kevin_56

Site Supporter
Bike
20 R1250RT
STOC #
it's a 400+ mile party across Iowa.
Being an Iowa native, party is an understatement if you are near the group camping area. The whole route is like a side show. The towns go out of their way to make the riders welcome and happy to stop for food and fluids.

John OoSTerhuis

Life Is Good!
Bike
1991 SSMST1100
STOC #
I haven't looked at the eastern terminus for this year, but you should try to get a piece of walnut pie at Breitbach's again if you can. :)

Edit: and oh yeah, the Wilton Candy Kitchen is open again.

John

Last edited:
Top Bottom