Said goodbye to my beloved ST13 today

Was sad to see it go off down the street without me. Sold it to a nice couple from Fort Langley who want to do some touring on it.

I've owned my ST13 since 2008 -- the longest that I've owned any bike -- and have put the most miles on it. But last year I went shopping for a big ADV bike and ended up with a Tiger Explorer. The ST13 sat in the garage for a year, and it didn't feel right letting it sit. Like meeting someone new, but letting your ex stay on in the spare room.

One thing I know for sure, the TEX is not going to be as reliable as the ST13. But it is a hell of a lot of fun, comfortable and 100 lbs lighter.

Too bad that Honda just refuses to bring their more interesting ADV bikes to N. America. Oh well, I fly the Union Jack now. ;)

970mike

Mike Brown
Site Supporter
Bike
07 & 12 ST1300A
SPOT
LINK
STOC #
Well you did the best thing letting it go to someone else who will give it the attention that it deserves. enjoy your new ride.

OP
OP
Well you did the best thing letting it go to someone else who will give it the attention that it deserves. enjoy your new ride.
Just received the following from the new owner, makes me feel better about it:

FIRST RIDE: ?????
verdict: EXCELLENT!!!
.... Thanks for looking after the bike sooooo well!
ALL the LITTLE details taken care of.... Right down to SMOOTH throttle response!!
It IS a whole-lotta-FUN!
Thanks for selling to us!!

Can't do better than that. :)

970mike

Mike Brown
Site Supporter
Bike
07 & 12 ST1300A
SPOT
LINK
STOC #
Just received the following from the new owner, makes me feel better about it:

FIRST RIDE: ?????
verdict: EXCELLENT!!!
.... Thanks for looking after the bike sooooo well!
ALL the LITTLE details taken care of.... Right down to SMOOTH throttle response!!
It IS a whole-lotta-FUN!
Thanks for selling to us!!

Can't do better than that. :)
Nice!! :)

BakerBoy

It's all small stuff.
STOC #
I expect that sadness will come for me sometime soon too ... But knowing it ended up with an appreciative new owner would help! Congrats Glen. :)

Bike
91 St1100
STOC #
Did you point them in the direction of the STowners club? So we can get to know them?

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom