Engine Stop while riding

Bike
ST1300
Dear all,

during last ride ..while I was on highway , my ST1300 for 2 seconds had an engine stop. I noted the rpm goes to 0 FI light on and HISS light on ... then bike restart and goes normal. Since that moment ( 2 weeks ago) this event show up every time I use the bike ..

Battery on ..

What could be ??

Thanks

OP
OP
Bike
ST1300
Re: Engeine Stop while riding

[h=1]ECM Check and Reset Quick Guide..[/h]Sorry I havent understood that it was a link :)

Blrfl

Natural Rider Enhancement
Bike
Fast Blue One
STOC #
Re: Engeine Stop while riding

What is the ECM ? ( the light -FI- remain ON just for the time of engine off ..than remain OFF.. When the engine restarts it work veru well)
ECM == Engine Control Module.

After the engine has started, the FI indicator only lights when there's a fault present. The ECM remembers fault codes it has seen, so if there was something that caused it to stop running the engine, the code for that will be stored.

--Mark

wjbertrand

Ventura Highway
I had this exact problem, with the same symptoms, on my ST1300 and it turned out to be dirty contacts in the kill switch. I opened the right switch pod and sprayed everything out using a plastic safe electrical contact cleaner, whilst working the switch back and forth. Solved the issue and it has not recurred.

Don't overlook the other possibility of a loose or dirty connection in the ignition switch assembly.

OP
OP
Bike
ST1300
I had this exact problem, with the same symptoms, on my ST1300 and it turned out to be dirty contacts in the kill switch. I opened the right switch pod and sprayed everything out using a plastic safe electrical contact cleaner, whilst working the switch back and forth. Solved the issue and it has not recurred.

Don't overlook the other possibility of a loose or dirty connection in the ignition switch assembly.
JUST TO BE SURE THAT i UNDERSTOOD : You said the you clean inside the right switch ( were there's the ON/OFF and the start botton) ?? Thanks :)

Last edited:
Bike
st1300 '04
STOC #
What he ^ said.
As long as you're in the neighborhood the go button could use a cleaning as well. I've needed a shot of plastic safe contact cleaner in there although I haven't taken it apart for a proper cleaning yet. Same with the turn signal switch which did act up on me once.

OP
OP
Bike
ST1300
Arrived at this point I think I understand where is the problem ...today using the horn ...it do it again !! So the problem must be in switcher.

I WHAT THANK YOU ALL FOR ALL SUGGESTION GIVEN !! :)

...here in Naples (Italy) there's always a pizza and beer for ALL OF YOU :)

OP
OP
Bike
ST1300
I clean the switchers but .. yesterday the problme comes up again :-( Up to now the engine stops and restart ..I hope that it will restart always and dont leave me on highway in a sunny day ( 35? ..very hot)

OP
OP
Bike
ST1300
Finally,the problem was found.and solved:
Under the tank there is a rubber tube, that during the year get broker. From there fuel come out and the drops wet.a rel?. As soon as I try to:turn light on,use blinker,adjust the Wind screen..etc etc. The control unit? get in alarm.and engine stop.
I fixed the tube,change rel? and re-mapping the c.u.
I hope my experiece will help.
Pls contact me if my negli was not clear
Ciao :)
Gf

Last edited:
Top Bottom