Kawasaki Voyager VII....Need info on bike

Bike
2005 Concours
While at Moonshine this past weekend, a beautiful Voyager VII pulled up and REALLY caught my attention. It was a beautiful maroon & gold color and not a scratch on it. I think he told me it was a 2003, could be wrong on that.

Anyway, I'm interested in finding out pros & cons of this bike. I know where there is one, and is for sale. It's just not very close (road trip).

So, any info on this bike would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.....John/Sourkraut

OP
OP
SourKraut
Bike
2005 Concours
I can't afford two motorcycles....NOT if I want to stay in this house.

It's more of a "want vs need" thing. I'm sure it won't still be available in Oct. when I go to Liberty NC, to see my sister from Equador. If it is, well it would have to be considered an omen.

Bike
ST1300
STOC #
Here's a link to a Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum that may also be useful to you. From what I gather, the Voyager XII is similar to the 1st gen Concours (C10) in that they both provided their owners the "best bang for the buck" in their respective categories as compared to the competition. Kawasaki also has a good reputation for dependability. The link above (post #8) states that Kawasaki does not publish HP ratings for their motorcycles, which is not entirely true. They may not have published HP ratings in their advertising or brochures, but the factory service manual for the C10 I had published several different HP ratings in the specifications section. The reason for several different ratings is they had different carburetor jetting for different markets they were sold in, I assume because of varying emissions standards among the markets where they were sold. In hindsight, I think I would have been happier with a Voyager than I was with my Cavalcade, but back then I thought the 'Cade was the cat's meow, and really liked the power from that big V4.

Bike
R1200rt
I was looking a one a few years back but I did not like the ergonomics, the seat is too far forward for me (6''4') yet had no problem with a Goldwing. These bikes are not selling. I've seen 2003 with low miles go for under 3K. Don't pay too much.

OP
OP
SourKraut
Bike
2005 Concours
Thanks to everyone for your replies. I doubt very seriously that I'll pull the trigger on this bike. I've just kind of had a love affair for them ever since I first saw them. Besides, they were much cheaper than a Gold Wing.

We'll just have to wait it out and see if it's still at dealer come Oct.

Thanks again.....John/Sourkraut

Top Bottom