95 abs forks fit 98 abs

Can someone tell me please if a pair of 95 abs forks complete can be fitted to a 98 abs bike without mods????

long story short the bike i have just bought has different lentgh stantions and the prvious idiot owner has done a bodge job on wear the seals and bush are seated in the body. thanks previous owner

anyway would need to get a pair of fork lowers and change one stantion so both are same length. so its going to be cheaper to buy a matched pair of front forks complete and refurb. have found some 95 abs forks not sure if they are compatible? think mine are 43mm albeit different lengths

Uncle Phil

Site Supporter
In The Holler West Of Nashville, Tennessee
Bike
4 ST1100(s)
2024 Miles
STOC #
I know the 96+ ABSII forks are 43mm and I believe the 95- ABSI forks are 41mm - same as the standard. If that is the case, they will not work. Also, the anti-dive is in a different 'leg' for the ABSII vs the standard.

OP
OP
I know the 96+ ABSII forks are 43mm and I believe the 95- ABSI forks are 41mm - same as the standard. If that is the case, they will not work. Also, the anti-dive is in a different 'leg' for the ABSII vs the standard.
Okay, thankyou for your reply, still learning this bike

Uncle Phil

Site Supporter
In The Holler West Of Nashville, Tennessee
Bike
4 ST1100(s)
2024 Miles
STOC #
IIRC, the 2003 Police Models were 'standards' and not ABSII models - at least all the ones that I saw. The forks in the pictures look like they have the mounting point for the standard calipers, not the ABSII. Also, I would think the freight to ship from the US to the UK would horrible - at least it has been for me.

**EDIT - I did the 'model' selection on the EBAY ad and it says that they do not fit a 2002 ABSII model.

wjbertrand

Ventura Highway
Looks like that won't fit your '98 ABS based on where the anti-dive valve is located. It appears to be a standard, 41 mm fork leg whereas your '98 ABS would have 43 mm legs.

Top Bottom