Wondering about Bluetooth helmet communication

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
Glenn B's review of the Sena 10C rekindled my interest in BT helmet communicators. My scenario would involve two maybe three riders without pillions most likely but not limited to all using Sena products. Cuz I like the 10C concept.

How does the inter-bike communication generally work with Sena/Sena and Sena/Non-Sena products? Do you keep the line open as in a phone call and all three riders chime in when moved to do so? Is there a PPT function as in other radio communications like CB/FRS etc? The latter methodology would be my preference but I could live with the former.

I might be listening to Die Walk?re while they're rockin' AC/DC and Hank W and want to be able to break-in with an I'M HUNGRY... Need Pie! alert. Doable?

DAS

STOC #
Me too. Seems Sena and Cardo are the leaders in compatibility with other brands but my friend has a Uclear that I was thinking I'd try and it's newer model has a software upgrade but the directions make it sound like it will not automatically pair if the connection is lost so probably not very good for bike to bike. I'm going to stick with my Autocom for now and use cell phone for bike to bike. I'd suggest sticking with the same brand for now. https://www.st-owners.com/forums/showthread.php?145875-Question-about-bike-to-bike-BT-comm-units&highlight=

OP
OP
ST Gui

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
Sportz I'll d/l the doc thanks.

DAS one brand for all looks like a good plan. Can you elaborate on using your phone for bike-to-bike? That could be an option for us as well.

Avtrician

The Sena SMH10 has excellent sena to sena range. Advertised as 500mtrs, but I have used them up to 1k. They are able to pair with up to 5 units as I recall (could be wrong tho, as the recaller is getting a little old these days). Sena will pair with just about anything, so they say, its just how well the anything works with the Sena. Not many have the range and sound quality especially at speed.

Bike
1991 ST1100
STOC #
I have the Cardo SCALA RIDER G9s, 4 total, and love them. I do not like riding without it. You can have it so all 4 intercoms are such that all can hear and talk, like being in the same room or just have a one on one conversation.

I have not communicated with a Sena, but have communicated with someone with a G4 and we spoke as we rode for over 12 hours on a charge.

Bike
'04 ST1300 Blue STar
On the low end,,, I have been pretty happy with my Shark intercom bluetooth system. Seems to do everything I need it too do. Music, gps, phone, texts, intercom, through my smartphone. the handlebar controller is a bonus. We have been running 2 helmets for 3 seasons, and I am thinking about adding another. Current pricing is pretty good, at $69.us. I am sure the Sena' and such are superior, and they should be at that price difference. I can not comment on range,, as our use has been limited to just our own bikes,,, Cat'

http://www.sharkmotorcycleaudio.com/products/shark-shk4rider-4-rider-mototcycle-snowmobile-skiing-remote-communicator-talker-w-remote-control-intercom.html

JohnConner

Site Supporter
Bike
18 Goldwing Tour DCT
I've been using the G4 for 4 or 5 years now. Lots of bike to bike stuff. The G4 will do 4-way, but not real well. 2 and 3-way is good. If I were buying now, I would get thr S20. Newer technology and more features.

JohnConner
:rd13:
: bgw1:
:usflag1:

Top Bottom