Speedo Sensor

Bike
Pan 1300A
Still having troubles with my speedo.....It starts working after about 5 miles....I have checked the wiring loom down to the sensor plug as in the Haynes manual and all O.K. .....But checking the Pink + and the Green - the voltage dose not fluctuate as they say but is a steady 5 volts....Does this mean it is definitely the sensor as I don't want to fork out the ? 150 only to find the same problem...."HELP!!!"

SteveST1300

Site Supporter
Vendor
Bike
03&04 ST1300
STOC #
I had to replace my speed sensor not a hard job once you pay for it mine was not as expensive as yours. But the symtoms were the same intermitent speedo evantually mine stopped working at all.

Coop

R.I.P. - 2022/10/6
Rest In Peace
STOC #
In the recent past, I have had trouble with my speedo, but suspenders solved the problem.

Coop

R.I.P. - 2022/10/6
Rest In Peace
STOC #
Just as well, the camera exploded. How have you been doing out there in the desert? Wishing you were back at sea?

Coop

R.I.P. - 2022/10/6
Rest In Peace
STOC #
Okay, but only if you bring me a dozen double meat cheese burgers from Moonshine.

Bike
2004 ST1300
I recently thought I had issues with my speedo sensor. Turned out it was really one of connections for my Healtech gear position indicator that was causing problems. The speedo signal passes through the Healtech gear position indicator before going to the speedometer. Unfortunately I bought a new sensor after testing my speed sensor and thinking it was bad.

My speedo sensor showed a variance of .1 volts to 4.8 volts as the rear wheel was turned SLOWLY. Maybe every 1/4th of a turn the voltage toggled from .1V to 4.8V. Thinking it needed a full swing from 0 volts to 5 volts I bought a new one. Not not necessary.

Check your connections if you have anything in-line with your speedometer. It might be the issue.

If you're interested in a known good speedo sensor with 23K miles on it, let me know. I'm not afraid of sending it your way.

Ken

Top Bottom