Ahh.. finally got a new motorcycle

Stump

Site Supporter
Bike
VFR1200X
STOC #
Man, 2+ years without a motorcycle! Finally got a new one and am back on the road. I'll be traveling on a Suzuki DL 650 XT, you know, the one with the pretty spoked wheels. Can't wait to get some miles on this thing! Strange how good it feels to be able to ride around again. Now I gotta get the guard frog mounted as well as all the farkles I KNOW I'll need!

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
Congrats! That little 650 is a VERY fun bike.

gmast1100

Gettin old sux
Bike
2016 Kawasaki Versys
STOC #
Congrats. I was looking at that one at the Dallas International Motorcycle show. But ended up with a 2012 DL650A Adventure, 2k miles on it. I've had it for 2 months now and just love it. Can't wait to put some more miles one it.
Enjoy your new ride!!!!!! Now when you get time, take the little marker lites beside the headlight out and put LED's in. Makes world of difference. And join Stromtroopers!!

Attachments

Last edited:

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
The only real weakness I had with the 650 was the alternator... I had a voltmeter that would blink at lights w/signal light on so I had put the eastern beaver headlight cutoff harness to go from 2 headlights to 1 and get an extra 55 watts or whatever it was, had I kept the bike I was thinking of just clipping those 2 little position lights to gain another 10 watts. Then, was considering going with led signals for some more.

gmast1100

Gettin old sux
Bike
2016 Kawasaki Versys
STOC #
The only real weakness I had with the 650 was the alternator... I had a voltmeter that would blink at lights w/signal light on so I had put the eastern beaver headlight cutoff harness to go from 2 headlights to 1 and get an extra 55 watts or whatever it was, had I kept the bike I was thinking of just clipping those 2 little position lights to gain another 10 watts. Then, was considering going with led signals for some more.
Joe,
I did change those little position lights to LED's and draws a little less. A bugger to get in there. Also getting ready to change signals and tail/brake to LED's. But guess I'll look at the eastern beaver headlight cutoff harness.
Just got a larger tail box put on and now it's time to RIDE!!

OP
OP
Stump

Stump

Site Supporter
Bike
VFR1200X
STOC #
Finally cooled off enough in the AM to take the XT out for a picture shoot. Some glamour pics.

glamour pic XT 2.jpg

glamour pic XT.jpg

OP
OP
Stump

Stump

Site Supporter
Bike
VFR1200X
STOC #
Tanks for the tip Gmast... I'm already over at Stromtroopers (Stump from Las Vegas) I'll check out replacement lights for the markers.
Just waiting fro the skidplate, centerstand, and other farkles now.... :D

Top Bottom