Another option for the ST BF Goodrich G-Force Comp-2

Bike
'07 ST1300
STOC #
It took me a few months but finally installed the BF Goodrich G Force Comp-2. It took an extra set of hands to compress the tire to get the top bead seated. Clearance was tight getting it back under the bike but once the axle was installed it spun freely.
The first thing I noticed riding was that after making a turn the bike wanted to come up vertical very quickly. I think I can adjust to that and I may have to play with the tire pressure a little. I'm looking forward to the next WeSTOC and getting home with tread still left on the bike. I have a BT45 on the front with 5000 miles and it is wearing very good. I'll check back when I've had a chance to get some miles on the tire.

IMG_1068.jpg

OP
OP
970mike

970mike

Mike Brown
Site Supporter
Bike
07 & 12 ST1300A
SPOT
LINK
STOC #
It took me a few months but finally installed the BF Goodrich G Force Comp-2. It took an extra set of hands to compress the tire to get the top bead seated. Clearance was tight getting it back under the bike but once the axle was installed it spun freely.
The first thing I noticed riding was that after making a turn the bike wanted to come up vertical very quickly. I think I can adjust to that and I may have to play with the tire pressure a little. I'm looking forward to the next WeSTOC and getting home with tread still left on the bike. I have a BT45 on the front with 5000 miles and it is wearing very good. I'll check back when I've had a chance to get some miles on the tire.

IMG_1068.jpg

It does take a little time to break the tire in and I notice that with every new tire that has been installed on there.

Bike
04ST1300ABS
STOC #
Good deal! Where did your order the BF Goodrich from for $56 delivered?
All right, I'm back in! Dark Side again. After running a Hankook I had a few motorcycle tires. Sick of getting 3-5k miles out of them.

Found this BF Goodrich used for $56 delivered! Still has those nubs on it like new. Hope I don't have to grind my swingarm.

Bike
05 ST1300
STOC #
I have finally fallen victim... Comp 2 will be here this week.

Fingers crossed that it installs without drama.

Diggers1300

Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300
STOC #
No lengthy trip yet, but have had a chance to put some more miles on.

Running 28psi on the Comp 2 rear and 42psi on the BT-45 with backwards rotation replacing a Hankook V-4 on the rear and Z-06 on the front.
Subjective evaluation so far:

Rear end is smooth but still good road feel.
At 28psi, I have no twitch like I did with the Hankook. Had to run too much air in the Hankook and crank up the rear suspension
to dampen the twitch which made for a rougher ride and faster wear on the Hankook.
No visible wear so far on the Comp-2.

Front took some getting used to with the fatter tire on the front. Seemed that more pressure needed to be applied to get it to lay over.
Since I was used to the corner on the rear from the Kook, I think this was directly due to the BT-45. However, after break-in (either the tires or me or both)
I don't notice it anymore.

Overall, I really like this setup. GREAT grip and FANTASTIC stopping power! Watch the rabbit starts with this grip. :law2:
Rain grip in both straight line and corners was excellent. Better feel on my 1 mile gravel driveway than any other tire combos that I have tried.

OP
OP
970mike

970mike

Mike Brown
Site Supporter
Bike
07 & 12 ST1300A
SPOT
LINK
STOC #
Well here is an update on this tire, I just returned from a 7522 mile 15 day trip and this tire just works great in all kinds of weather and the wear is very good. I thought I could wear it out on its second long trip and it still has life left in it. This tire now has over 20,000 miles and may have about 5000 left on it. I like it so much I just picked up an almost new one for $64.95 shipped to the house. Uncle Larry says this tire does not stand up on the sides in the corners like the other tires I have been through.

Bike
05 ST1300
STOC #
Well here is an update on this tire, I just returned from a 7522 mile 15 day trip and this tire just works great in all kinds of weather and the wear is very good. I thought I could wear it out on its second long trip and it still has life left in it. This tire now has over 20,000 miles and may have about 5000 left on it. I like it so much I just picked up an almost new one for $64.95 shipped to the house. Uncle Larry says this tire does not stand up on the sides in the corners like the other tires I have been through.
What pressure did you run? Single or two up? Thanks for the update.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
970mike

970mike

Mike Brown
Site Supporter
Bike
07 & 12 ST1300A
SPOT
LINK
STOC #
What pressure did you run? Single or two up? Thanks for the update.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Single but loaded up with all my camping supplies and tools and clothes for a long trip. I run the tire at 28psi which works great.

OP
OP
970mike

970mike

Mike Brown
Site Supporter
Bike
07 & 12 ST1300A
SPOT
LINK
STOC #
The new BFGoodrich tire showed up and it is like new with the little nubs still on the tire. Keep your eyes open for deals like the one I just found. :D

Fortunet 1

Fortunet1
Bike
06 ST 1300
Thanks for keeping this thread moving along Mike. Always a pleasure listening in...or viewing in. Some day I may just do this.

The Dan

The Dude Abides
Site Supporter
Vendor
Bike
2009 ST1300 ABS
STOC #
I went to the local BF Goodrich dealer in town here and got the tire the next day, $96 carry out the door.

Bike
2006 ST1300
Just mounted mine up. Was difficult, had to put wood blocks in to hold opposite bead in wheel depression. Still don't like the lack of 2 pops to seat the bead.

I've got rubbing on my right side plastic inner fender, backside of battery box. There's an arc worn in it due to suspension action. It's the very side of the tread blocks rubbing. I might take a belt sander to the tread blocks. This tire is definitely wider than the Hankook.

Might want to remove your left saddlebag and look in there with a flashlight.

Top Bottom