Trip Planning Help

OP
OP
NCSam
Bike
'09 ST1300 ABS
STOC #
It's a bit out of the way, but if you're going to Zion try to take in the Petrified Forest and The Painted Desert in Arizona (they run into each other). It's very vehicle friendly and definitely worth the trip. Flagstaff, AZ is two hours away and a good place to stay. September is the perfect time to visit.
Thanks for the input. Not planning to dip down into Arizona at this time but who knows? When I hit southern Utah I may still have enough seam left to stretch the trip a little more. Afterall, ... I doubt I will ever get back that way again.

OP
OP
NCSam
Bike
'09 ST1300 ABS
STOC #
Chief Joseph Highway. At the end, hang a right and continue through Beartooth pass :). Then come back and enter Yellowstone on the north end. Dont know which way you're coming in, but if youre coming across the Bighorns, head up 37 to Bighorn Canyon.
Thanks Tor ..... Need to get my map back out You are the second person to recommend Bighorn Canyon. It wasn't on my list but it will now. Was planning on entering Yellowstone from the east entryway. Yellowstone is giving me some problems on how to set up my best route to see the highlights and work in the Tetons and Beartooth. Thinking about doing Beartooth both ways? I figure two days for Yellowstone. Any ideas on where to stay that won't break the bank? Still considering some tent camping but really don't want to unless it is necessary!!

Tor

Making Life A Ride
Site Supporter
Bike
R1200 GSA / S1000XR
Thanks Tor ..... Need to get my map back out You are the second person to recommend Bighorn Canyon. It wasn't on my list but it will now. Was planning on entering Yellowstone from the east entryway. Yellowstone is giving me some problems on how to set up my best route to see the highlights and work in the Tetons and Beartooth. Thinking about doing Beartooth both ways? I figure two days for Yellowstone. Any ideas on where to stay that won't break the bank? Still considering some tent camping but really don't want to unless it is necessary!!
Cheridan - 14 - Cody - 120 north - Chief Joseph's - 212 Beartooth - back on 212 - Yellowstone North Entrance - We stayed two days at Grand Village Campground (south end of Yellowstone Lake) - 287 (Welcome to The Tetons)

Of course we both lived out of our top boxes every day / night for 21 days with a couple of cloth washes in between :)

Top Bottom