Brake Master Cylinder

Bike
2007 Honda ST1300A
Does anyone know if any other Honda Motorcycles use the same Brake Master Cylinder as the ST1300 ?

I am looking at a couple of different Master Cylinder Mounted Accessory Switch Blocks from Kuryakyn,
Show Chrome & PMR but the first two seem to have no fitment for the ST1300 ?

I find it hard to believe that Honda does not use the same Brake Master Cylinders on several bike models
to keep costs down.

Is there some cross referencing book in existence ?

JimC

dduelin

Tune my heart to sing Thy grace
Site Supporter
Bike
GL1800 R1200RT NC700
2024 Miles
STOC #
If it is the aftermarket switch housing that takes the place of the fluid reservoir cover (2 screws that hold it down) this is a common item and the Honda part number is 45513-MR1-016.

For looking up part numbers I use this site and also buy from them now and again:

http://www.cyclepartsnation.com/

You can see that 45513-MR1-016 fits a number of Honda motorcycles. I looked up the VTX1300 model as it is likely to attract lots of chrome parts unlike the ST1300 which might explain why the ST1300 is not listed in custom part catalogs.

OP
OP
Bike
2007 Honda ST1300A
Thanks dduelin and st1300r, yes that was the style of switch only the Kuryakyn one instead of the Show Chrome one.
With the part # you gave me it does look as if it should fit the ST so I've gone ahead and ordered one. Funny on the
supplier's fitment listing it did not list the ST and when I emailed to ask them they said it did not fit, but I wonder if
they just looked at their own fitment listing which would appear to be only a partial ? Anyway I'm keeping my fingers
crossed that it works. I've been sitting with my PDM60 electronic accessory distribution block awaiting some switches
before I install it.

JimC

Bike
st1300 '04
STOC #
Post up how you like the PDM60 after you get it set up. iirc it doesn't do load shedding but they were thinking about it a year or so ago.
Little spendy but it's looks cool.

Top Bottom