The Void 10 Rally

OP
OP
Landon
Bike
2012 Kawasaki C14
STOC #
Rally flag received, rally information starting to flow from Rallymasters, head starting to spin.....

Can't wait!
Still awaiting my flag, maybe today. That email from the rallymasters last night is a bit overwhelming.

ScubaDave

Site Supporter
Bike
st 1300
STOC #
Planning is going to take weeks.. Good thing we don't have that long. LOL

Bike
'91 ST1100
STOC #
Good luck to the "Hoosiers" in the Void. I may give it a try next year.

Be safe!

Bike
2016 FJR
STOC #
Holy confused batman. I may just plot a scenic route, sleep for 8 hrs and meet you guys in time for chow and a few beers. LOL

OP
OP
Landon
Bike
2012 Kawasaki C14
STOC #
I'm just hoping that part 3 of the rally book clears things up some.

ScubaDave

Site Supporter
Bike
st 1300
STOC #
You guys got it figured out yet?
Well I have a plan, we will see how it works at the finish. Once I got my head wrapped around what we had it was not too hard to come up with a plan.

OP
OP
Landon
Bike
2012 Kawasaki C14
STOC #
Well I have a plan, we will see how it works at the finish. Once I got my head wrapped around what we had it was not too hard to come up with a plan.
Me too, assuming the Rallybook part 3 doesn't throw any curveballs. I'm with you on the planning, once I had a chance to load everything up and see what we were working with it didn't seem that bad. Came up with a few different route options and then picked the one I thought I could execute the best. Of course we will see how I really did come Saturday.

Bike
1996 ST1100
STOC #
I was a bit surprised at the number of bonus locations, but am guessing that is in part due to the 3 different starting locations. Still working on my plan A and fallback options and then keeping fingers crossed that the rallybook doesn't contain any surprises that throw me back to square 1.

Also packed a life raft for when I head into SC. Holy moly is it a mess down there.

Bike
2015 FJR1300A
If possible, could a link to any of the bonus locations be added to this thread. Like the IBR, folks ( me included) would love to show support for the LD riders if at all possible. If not, well, then I'll just have to watch
for post ride details :) Best of luck to all: have fun, be safe, score big !

ScubaDave

Site Supporter
Bike
st 1300
STOC #
If possible, could a link to any of the bonus locations be added to this thread. Like the IBR, folks ( me included) would love to show support for the LD riders if at all possible. If not, well, then I'll just have to watch
for post ride details :) Best of luck to all: have fun, be safe, score big !
I for 1 will not post files sent to a rider for a rally unless the rallymaster were to let us know it was ok. No point is getting on the RM's bad side 3 days before a rally.

ScubaDave

Site Supporter
Bike
st 1300
STOC #
I was a bit surprised at the number of bonus locations, but am guessing that is in part due to the 3 different starting locations. Still working on my plan A and fallback options and then keeping fingers crossed that the rallybook doesn't contain any surprises that throw me back to square 1.

Also packed a life raft for when I head into SC. Holy moly is it a mess down there.
My guess as well is we have 1 set of locations for all start locations. Some of the locations are not even able to be done in the allowed mileage from my start in PA.

Bike
1996 ST1100
STOC #
My guess as well is we have 1 set of locations for all start locations. Some of the locations are not even able to be done in the allowed mileage from my start in PA.
Agreed.

Unless I have some major revelation and do a major route change (which is doubtful) it appears I'll only be filling in one more state in my colored US map during the rally and one more on my way home. Anticipating I'll end up riding about 2400 miles from Thurs - Sun...

OP
OP
Landon
Bike
2012 Kawasaki C14
STOC #
Congrats to smunderdog who took third!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Bike
1996 ST1100
STOC #
Wow - just pulled back into the garage here on the homestead in Indy after a fun, crazy, and at times nerve wracking 4 days of riding. My mind is spinning on all the stuff I'll eventually write up about my first rally experience so I'll save that for later...but did want to point out that Landon's post above neglected to mention that Team Indiana took 4th (Landon) & 5th (PlainJay) as well.

Of course these places are just out of the TN starters (17 total). This rally allows riders to start from 2 other cities as well and each start location is scored independently. Full results:

http://www.rallythevoid.org/Void 10 Results.pdf

I'm sure there will be plenty of stories to come from all that participated!

Landon - don't forget to share that awesome photo you took of me with the hardware I brought home. :)

Top Bottom