One sorry so & so and one good guy

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
Seems like the world is being over run with sorry people. Luckily there was a good one standing by.

I had a similar incident about ten years ago. A dirt bag hit my truck while we were backpacking in Guadalupe Mountain State Park. He took off, but luckily a bystander saw him do it and wrote down the plate number. The park ranger located him and told him to contact me or face charges.
Actually, sounds more like the world is being run over by good people rather than a couple sorry ones....

OP
OP
TOS

TOS

Bike
2015 Super Tenere
STOC #
The incident happened about 3 pm.
My insurance,Foremost (aarp ), was great, so far. They said, get 1 estimate of repair and they would direct deposit or mail me a check. Also, deductible will be waived because I've been a customer for a few years and safe driving record.

Bigmak96

R.I.P. - 2021/08/07
Rest In Peace
Bike
04 GL1800 Past tense
STOC #
That bites. Glad you are not part of the damage.
I had a guy back into my bike. I had it in gear so it push it over instead of just maybe moving it a bit.

OP
OP
TOS

TOS

Bike
2015 Super Tenere
STOC #
Got a call from Farmers ins. (the SUV drivers ins.) yesterday and this morning.
He said, she has accepted responsibility. Really, had to bite my tongue !!
Anyway, Farmers said, get estimates for all damages, including trailer and new helmets, and they'll take care of it all. Good news !

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
Glad to hear it and glad it didn't affect your vacation too much..

Bike
2020 Moto guzzi V85T
Tim and Dana that just sux. Why to people do this the whole hit and run thing. I hope things work on the bike and trailer and that no other exciting events like that happen.

Last edited:

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
Why to people do this the hole hit and run thing.
You never really know unless you catch them before they get home. A typical response is "I was scared" or "I panicked". That may have been the case. Or the driver may have been impaired. It's usually not enough to not know they screwed up.

Really, had to bite my tongue !!
You're a better man than I. Without jumping on the agent I'd have made it clear that her "acceptance" is irrelevant but her guilt is not. Good to hear they're taking care of everything and not leaving you with any pocket expense. Do you know if she's going to be cited for leaving the scene? I'd like to think so but you can't always get what you want. +1 Good news!

Bug Dr.

Extroverted Loner
Tim, it's your fault you sexy thang.......she was obviously distracted by you sitting on the side of the road looking all purdy-like. You know how you Okies are. She had probably never seen such a sight before.

Seriously, glad it was minor enough to ride out of there and continue your trek. Keep makin' memories.
Mike

Bike
'07 ST1300
STOC #
Just saw this thread. Wow I bet that was a stressful sight. Glad it will not affect your trip too much. Y'all try not to dwell on it and have fun...

John Anthony

Bike
'03 ST1300A
STOC #
Tim,

Always hate to hear about accidents like this, but thankful you all are safe and her insurance company is doing right by you.

John

OP
OP
TOS

TOS

Bike
2015 Super Tenere
STOC #
Well everything turned out good, just a hassle dealing with it all.
Received all monies for all damages direct deposited in my checking account from the SUV drivers insurance, including payment to replace helmets.

Bike
2020 Tracer 900GT
STOC #
Well everything turned out good, just a hassle dealing with it all.
Received all monies for all damages direct deposited in my checking account from the SUV drivers insurance, including payment to replace helmets.
Glad it is resolved, thank goodness for the other good people who helped.

paulcb

- - - Tetelestai - - - R.I.P. - 2022/05/26
Rest In Peace
Bike
'97/'01 ST1100 ABSII
STOC #
Glad it all worked out for you Tim. See ya' down the road sometime.

Bug Dr.

Extroverted Loner
It sucks you had to deal with this on your trip. Glad it is resolved.

Down payment on a new one?
Mike

OP
OP
TOS

TOS

Bike
2015 Super Tenere
STOC #
It sucks you had to deal with this on your trip. Glad it is resolved.

Down payment on a new one?
Mike
Probably need to trade/sell mine before resale gets to low. I've heard resale $ really drops after 100K, it now has 82K+ on the clock.
Looked online at some. Honda will only let dealers post MSRP now...have to call/email dealer to get pricing.
They are high dollar (but everything is today). May try to buy a low mileage one, if the price is right.

okckeith

Site Supporter
Bike
2017 Triumph Trophy
There is a 2014 in Okc with 1,400 miles on it. It has everything but the air bag. You know the one I'm talking about.

Top Bottom