2015 IBR results

Bike
2005 ST1300
I have been looking for the final 2015 IBR results that include the motorcycle brand and model year but have not found it. Have any of you seen it?

I did see the final results with the point totals and other information on the IBR website. Is the motorcycle brand and model year something they add later? I always enjoy looking through how the different brands did and amazed at some of the models that were able to finish.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

st11ray

2006 ST1300
Bike
'06 ST1300
STOC #
Wow! Only 2 ST's and zero ST1100's! Looks like Yamaha has put the final nail in the coffin for the Honda ST?

Bike
2012 Kawasaki C14
STOC #
Wow! Only 2 ST's and zero ST1100's! Looks like Yamaha has put the final nail in the coffin for the Honda ST?
I think Yamaha has far less to do with it than Honda. They built their own coffin by not updated nor continuing production of their ST line. We all know an ST is very capable of running the iron butt, but these guys are riders just like the rest of us and most prefer a newer platform to run the event than something that is 15+ years old (ST1100).

dduelin

Tune my heart to sing Thy grace
Site Supporter
Bike
GL1800 R1200RT NC700
2024 Miles
STOC #
Or the guys that participate in IBR or LD riding have already worn out two or three STs and want something different.

Bike
05 ST1300
STOC #
I think Yamaha has far less to do with it than Honda. They built their own coffin by not updated nor continuing production of their ST line. We all know an ST is very capable of running the iron butt, but these guys are riders just like the rest of us and most prefer a newer platform to run the event than something that is 15+ years old (ST1100).
I doubt Honda cares, I counted at least 15 Goldwings. Still a Honda, just not OUR Honda.

Bob

Bike
2012 Kawasaki C14
STOC #
I doubt Honda cares, I counted at least 15 Goldwings. Still a Honda, just not OUR Honda.

Bob
I guess you making the assumption that the riders that were on ST's are now on Goldwings. I went back to the 2007 IBR and found there were 22 Goldwings and 7 ST's that year. So Honda still does not have the presence they used to in the IBR.

I do believe that you right that Honda probably does not care, which is why I now have a Kawasaki and not a Honda. And many other riders have Yamaha's or BMW's instead of Honda's.

dduelin

Tune my heart to sing Thy grace
Site Supporter
Bike
GL1800 R1200RT NC700
2024 Miles
STOC #
But in the big picture all the Kawasakis, BMWs, and Yamahas together don't add up to Honda's US sales. If lack of economies of scale in this segment put a few hundred or even a few thousand riders on other brands in the financial sense Honda cares a lot, just not about an eddy in an otherwise strong revenue stream.

ELC

Bike
2012 ST1300A
Or the guys that participate in IBR or LD riding have already worn out two or three STs and want something different.
Well, I did ride the Wing instead of the ST in the IBR, but the ST is still a very capable rally bike. If I had an aux-tank for the ST, I certainly wouldn't hesitate to ride it in the next IBR. I still find it more comfortable for multiple long days than any other sport-tourer I've looked at, except maybe the RT, and certainly more reliable.

Eric

Eric

Bike
05 ST1300
STOC #
I guess you making the assumption that the riders that were on ST's are now on Goldwings. I went back to the 2007 IBR and found there were 22 Goldwings and 7 ST's that year. So Honda still does not have the presence they used to in the IBR.

I do believe that you right that Honda probably does not care, which is why I now have a Kawasaki and not a Honda. And many other riders have Yamaha's or BMW's instead of Honda's.
I agree, I don't think ST owners went to Goldwings so the overall Honda count is down. I am sure many have feature rich FJR's, RT's GS's etc.

Top Bottom