Non abs 1100- front caliper- needle roller bearing

Hi,
Anybody got a universal number for the needle bearing in my l/h front caliper?
I think my noise may be the facy that the bearing is really- I mean really rusty and nolonger holds the bush tight
Ta Ray

Avtrician

I have just had a look at the parts listing, and I cant see any needle bearings in the brake calipers

OP
OP
I think its on the fork bit.of the microfiche type thing, there is a bracket the caliper bolts to, the upper end goes to.the fork and has a rollier bearing in it.

OP
OP
I think its on the fork bit.of the microfiche type thing, there is a bracket the caliper bolts to, the upper end goes to.the fork and has a rollier bearing in it.I think its on the fork bit.of the microfiche type thing, there is a bracket the caliper bolts to, the upper end goes to.the fork and has a rollier bearing in it.
Part no 91071ml7003
On the cmsl front.fork page its part no 45

John OoSTerhuis

Life Is Good!
Bike
1991 SSMST1100
STOC #
The hole in the anti-dive piston has a nylon bushing in it. If you buy a new one it comes with an elliptical/elongated ID that the bolt passes through. Axis oriented in the direction of piston movement.

IMHO, all aging ST1100s should have their anti-dive units removed and inspected, especially the rubber sealing lip of the plunger. BTDT

John
via iPhone 6

OP
OP
now i`m getting fed up, I can`t get the bleeping thing out, I`ve hit it, not too hard did that on my k100 and broke stuff, heated it and now it sits with a bolt and spacers applying pressure and gt85, so far no movment, i may have to use a hacksaw blade to try and cut a groove in it to allow movement, wish me luck
Ray

OP
OP
Heres what id did, removed the needles and bashed the edge of the bearing housing, then I attempted to chase a chisle through from one side to the other, also when I got bored I used a very large metal saw blade by hand, it took about 2hrs and i`m sure my hands will cramp later
Ray

OP
OP
All sorted now, it was movement in the top bearing, the rollers were just dust, new bearing+ grease(lots of it) now no noise and good brakes

Top Bottom