Where to get fork tube slider Re-chromed

Bike
ST1300A
I need to get my fork tube slider Re-chromed I have scratches in the area where the oil seals sit and they are leaking.

I don't want to pay $230.00 each for new tubes either.

Has anyone had this done before or know where to send the out to have this done.

I been looking on E bay for a use set but then again do I want to take a change of buying some else's problem.

I know the place that Re-chromes then it needs to be hard Chromed and kept the same diameter as stock.

Bike
'97 ST1100
STOC #
Re: Where to get.

Just an idea, if its already leaking then you probably have nothing to lose by trying to smooth out the scratches with 600 grit wet/dry. Or are they deep scratches? Never actually tried it myself, so I don't know if it would help or not. It might dull the finish a little, but the finish isn't perfect in that area anyway.

Bike
2004 st1300
STOC #

I do not know where you are in Calif but you may want to contact Racetech in corona, if anyone knows where to get this done they do. They also have fork tubes that may be a little less pricey than Honda.

although you may want to redress your front fork repair. Was your fork oil level correctly set? Too much oil could force oil out. Did you install the seals correctly? You do not hear of too many st's blowing out oil from their forks even with scratches. I may be wrong but if it was working before you started all this work without too much leakage, why after.

Nashcat

Site Supporter
Bike
2015 Versys 1000LT
STOC #

Heres a place in Ohio. Click here. Their web site sounds like they could handle it. I had to replace the tubes on my Wing last May. They ain't cheap.

John

Bike
2000 ST1100 ABS TCS
STOC #
I replaced the tubes on STick with OEM, didn't know about RaceTech. LipSTick is probably gonna need some so I'll hold this info in memory...

As to rechroming, hard to find a place which can do hard chrome in precise levels for a one-off repair. I expect it's cheaper to just replace them. Be sure to tell us if you find out different.

Top Bottom