Lat/Long Location of a Saved Favorite?

Shuey

Site Supporter
Bike
FJR1300 ES, 2018
SPOT
LINK
STOC #
Once a location is saved as a Favorite . . . is there a way to read the location lat/long later (it shows up when you save it originally)?

Shuey

ScubaDave

Site Supporter
Bike
st 1300
STOC #
Took a look on my Z550, Not that I can see on the unit. It looks like you would have to load it into basecamp to see them.

Raj_Zin

AKA Steve
Bike
FJR1300A
STOC #
The Zumo 590 will show the coordinates when you tap the i (info?) button for the favorite
949077[1].png

950852[1].png
-STeve

Last edited:
Bike
GL1800
This may help on the Z550. You can see Lat/Long at current location by Selecting "where to", then select "coordinates" and it shows the current location plus altitude.

Kevin_56

Site Supporter
Bike
20 R1250RT
STOC #
This may help on the Z550. You can see Lat/Long at current location by Selecting "where to", then select "coordinates" and it shows the current location plus altitude.
Shuey is looking to recall the Lat/Long after the waypoint has been saved and I am assuming at a later time. As many models that Garmin sells, they seem to have as many variances as to what is available to recall or view on each model. very frustrating when your last model had that feature.

T_C

Bike
2005 St1300
STOC #
Offload the file onto a PC. Most Garmins I have seen store the library of saved waypoints in the current track GPX.

Bike
2005 ST1300
STOC #
I just fired up my Zumo550, and every favorite that I saved while at the location, shows the coordinates when I select favorites after the Where to? screen.

OP
OP
Shuey

Shuey

Site Supporter
Bike
FJR1300 ES, 2018
SPOT
LINK
STOC #
The 660 will let me get coordinates of where I am now, and if I download the Favorites to my laptop, I can see the coordinates in Basecamp. Without bringing out the laptop though . . . no way I can find to see the coordinates of a location in the library saved previously.

Life's still great and gett'in better every day!

Shuey

Bike
GL1800
I just fired up my Zumo550, and every favorite that I saved while at the location, shows the coordinates when I select favorites after the Where to? screen.
I can not get my Z550 to easily display coordinates of saved favorites but....could be operator error.

Besides the import Mapsource routine, I found a work around on ZumoForums ...maybe this would work on the 660 as well

"On the Zumo, it's a little circuitous. You will need to turn the GPS receiver function off (Wrench > System > GPS Mode OFF), then browse the map to a Favorite, hit Set Loc to set the current map position as your location, then go back to the map screen, and touch the vehicle icon for the coordinates.

You can't get the coordinates of the pointer while browsing the map in live mode."

Last edited:

ST1100Y

Site Supporter
Bike
ST1100Y, ST1100R
STOC #
. . . no way I can find to see the coordinates of a location in the library saved previously.
IMHO quite obnoxious that the units just grow a bigger PITA with every *new* generation introduced...

In them forums about the 3/590LM series, you can observe the people jumping in squares...

Self-reliant, thinking users desiring to actually do something with the kit are a no-no, you're expected to just blindly follow what that thang is telling you...

OP
OP
Shuey

Shuey

Site Supporter
Bike
FJR1300 ES, 2018
SPOT
LINK
STOC #
I can not get my Z550 to easily display coordinates of saved favorites but....could be operator error.

Besides the import Mapsource routine, I found a work around on ZumoForums ...maybe this would work on the 660 as well

"On the Zumo, it's a little circuitous. You will need to turn the GPS receiver function off (Wrench > System > GPS Mode OFF), then browse the map to a Favorite, hit Set Loc to set the current map position as your location, then go back to the map screen, and touch the vehicle icon for the coordinates.

You can't get the coordinates of the pointer while browsing the map in live mode."
Thanks all for the follow-ups. Life's short and this is not that important. Next time, I'll just note the coordinates on my iPhone Notes when I'm saving it. Easy breezy.

Shuey

Top Bottom