Picked up a spare ST1300

dduelin

Tune my heart to sing Thy grace
Site Supporter
Bike
GL1800 R1200RT NC700
2024 Miles
STOC #
I still love riding my 2005 ST1300 but the miles are piling up and I know it won't last forever. As a sporty touring platform it has done yeoman duty for me and while there are newer more capable bikes this one fits me well and I know it inside and out. The ST 'fits' me just right and I have been able to scratch my new bike or second bike itch with another bike so for the foreseeable future I don't want to move off of the ST1300. I had been looking at the classifieds for a while thinking of picking up another ST with low miles when the time came for a parts bike or a next ST1300 so when this wrecked 2006 turned up on ST-O and it was just 75 miles away I bought it. It has 67,000 miles on it. The one-vehicle accident, an excursion off the pavement in a corner, broke or scratched all the plastic except for the side covers and rear taillight surround but the bike itself runs just fine and the instruments, headlight, handlebars, switches, windscreen adjuster are undamaged. The saddlebag outside shells took a beating but the inner parts that form the rest of the bag that attach to the bike are good, locks, hardware, etc. Saturday I changed the oil and rode it several miles. On the center stand going up thru the gears there is a drive line noise either in the final drive bearings or the U-joint but on the road the noise was not detectable and the bike felt good as far as brakes, clutch, transmission. I did not spend much time looking into the noise. I already had a used 5,xxx mile U-joint, drive shaft, final drive and wheel assembly boxed up as spares so I think I have a good runner when the time comes. A one owner bike it came with all the service records and it was maintained well. I got it with clear registered FL title for $800.

Last edited:
Bike
2019 Goldwing Tour
Nice find and great price. Sounds like it's right in line with what you were looking for.

ToddC

Site Supporter
Bike
2006 ST1300A
Good job! Now the fun begins....all the tinkering and futsing.

Have fun and keep us posted on the repairs.

ToddC

2 STs are better than one !

SupraSabre

48 Years of SoCal Lane Splitting/Commuting-Retired
Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
Sounded like a good deal. I saw that add too, but it was way too far away for me to even think about.

It looks close to my '04#2 when I bought it!

2004-2-d.jpg

The left black fairing part was a piece the guy had, the speedometer was not the original, forks were bent, handlebar was bent, etc...

Just swap the plastic from your old bike and save yourself the trouble of trying to restore it...$$$$$

ESB

STRIDER
Bike
'07 ST 1300
Heckuva lot of spare parts for that kind of $$. Nice pickup.
Never know when U'll need to plug something in, but when you do, there's the perfect source.
Wish I had the room to keep 1 of those around myself. Keep it rollin.

Paawpabear

Ken Morse
Bike
'06 ST1300
STOC #
Let's try this again. Any chance that the high-low switches for the windshield are for sale?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Lanny

Former Rider
Bike
None
STOC #
Enjoy the rebuild Dave. It's too bad I'm so far away. That would be fun to help with.

Bike
2004 ST1300
Let me know if you need a hand tinkering Dave! I would love a second ST or a second VTX to tinker and build up. We will see how much longer Tim can keep his beast together. May be a great donor bike for plastics if he ever retires it!

Bike
05 ST1300
I did something similar. Bought an 06 with 15k miles on it. Similar damage as yours. Bought and installed all the parts but now I need to get the mirror covers and one fairing painted. That's where the project stalled. Never did get it finished. My excuse now is that its a spare for when I wear out my 05, but I doubt that will happen cuz I don't ride it nearly enough to wear it out in my lifetime.

Top Bottom