Goldwing 1800 Footpegs

Bike
2007 Honda ST1300A
For those who've put the Goldwing 1800 driver's footpegs on, I've heard they lower the peg by approx. 1/2" over the stock setup.

My questions are:

1) Do you actually notice the 1/2" drop ? I bought and installed the MCL lowering brackets which dropped the pegs 1-1/2" and
that was really noticable ( more than I wanted ), but not sure if I'd feel a 1/2" drop ?

2) I understand that the Goldwing pegs are longer and wider. Do you notice any differences with this ?

Appreciate your feedback !

JimC

thekaz

haz gone feral
I put some on a few weeks back and it made a huge difference for me. I measured a drop of 3/4" of an inch. I also adjusted the brake and shifter.

970mike

Mike Brown
Site Supporter
Bike
07 & 12 ST1300A
SPOT
LINK
STOC #
I would worry about dragging the foot pegs if you like twisty roads, you may be OK if your not hard in the corners.

T_C

Bike
2005 St1300
STOC #
Running the same set-up you are contemplating. I have the fixed MCL lowering brackets and the 1800 pegs. Very comfy.

I didn't buy the 1800 pegs because I wanted to lower the foot, I just needed a left side peg after bending and breaking the ST one.
I ran the 1800 peg on the left and 1300 peg on the right for a little while, yep, noticeable difference when you do that.
But if I had swapped pegs at the same time I probably barely would have noticed it.
But I do notice the wider and larger platform. Sometimes to bad effect if it catches my pants leg when I raise the side-stand.

But they are on and not changing them now. Unless I build another lift and drop the bike...:mad:

When I first put on the lowering kit I thought about adjusting my shifter and brake but that was 2 years ago.... never adjusted it and it feels perfectly natural too me now.

ESB

STRIDER
Bike
'07 ST 1300
Put on a set of those front GL footpegs about a year ago. They're a perfect fit on the std. ST13 mounts .... AND
Don't notice much Height difference at all, BUT they feel much more comfortable on longer rides. That's what I wanted & expected.
Found them (not cheap) at a local Goldwing Conversion/Trike shop.

Last edited:
Bike
2010 ST1300 ABS
I have them and they are more comfortable(I have a 32" Inseam); a little lower, wider. I have not had any issues with them scraping, I did with the MCL lowering brackets. The only minor complaint I have is that the rubber pads on them seem to wear faster than those that come with the ST

Keith

Bike
'05 ST1300
STOC #
I've been running them for quite some time now. They are lower, but I've never had any problem with them dragging. I did need to lower the brake and shifter; the brake is easy, the shifter takes a bit more work but isn't too difficult. (I moved the upper shift arm on the splines, as the "turnbuckle" adjusters didn't move the shifter down enough.) They are somewhat wider; not enough to cause problems, but more comfortable in my opinion.

skipcurt

Skip
Bike
'18 BMW R1200 GSA
STOC #
I swapped mine out several years ago and probably 40k miles. Walked into a local Honda dealership and asked if they had any lying around from a GW customer swap to boards. They had a box full of 'em and he said take your pick. $20 out the door. They are a tad bit lower but the width makes up for the drop in my opinion. Never even thought once to swap back. I definitely recommend.

Skip

Top Bottom