ST1100 Risers

Bike
2000 ST1100
Just purchased a 2000 ST1100 and was wondering if anyone had recommendations on risers; what's the max I can rise without needing new cables, good brands, etc. I've looked on ebay but there are so many different brands it's hard to makes sense of it.

Justin

Bike
1998 ST1100
STOC #
I have a set for sale in the classified section of this site. They are 4" straight risers, which are 3" taller than stock. I was able to use them with the stock cables and brake/clutch lines but I don't think you could go any taller without switching to longer lines. I really liked my risers and am only selling them because I aquired a pair of Generation I Helibars which are awesome! I've heard great things about Rox risers as well but I have never tried them.

Bike
1998 ST1100
STOC #
Here's the best pic I can find of when I had the 4" Samson risers on my bike. They are black and kind of hard to see...

Bike
2017 ST1300PA
I just put 3.5" Rox risers on my '02 ST1100. I was able to reroute all the cables and hoses with the exception of the front brake line. I'm waiting for a new one now. Moving the throttle cables around was probably the biggest chore, since I wasn't able to pull the cables off the grip. I had to get under the "tank" and disconnect the throttle lines down at the engine in order to get enough play. (I didn't actually disconnect them but took 2 screws out of a plate which let me get some slack.) Moving the clutch line was easy but meant removing the banjo bolt at the grip, so there's air in that line now. I figure it was time to change the brake fluids anyway.

Last edited:
Bike
2017 ST1300PA
Incidentally, the Rox risers don't replace your current risers, they add to them. The stock riser is 1" (I think). If you replace them with, say, 4" Samson risers, you've added 3". With the Rox riser extensions, whatever its length is what you're adding to your length. So with the 3.5" Rox, I have to stretch my cable 1/2" more than if I'd used 4" Samsons. I was almost able to do it, too. I'd give the 4" Samsons a shot. They might be perfect.

Joseph/TX

R.I.P. - 2016/11/13
Rest In Peace
Bike
1994 ST-1100A
Got the 2" Rox Risers on mine, plug n play, haven't rerouted anything...

Bike
94' 1100 ABS
I really like Motorcycle Larry's risers, they work well and were very affordable. They come in black or polished aluminum.

OP
OP
MSUjp03
Bike
2000 ST1100
Thanks for the replies, I'll look into ROX and Motorcycle Larry's risers.

Justin

Bike
1999 ST1100
Suggest the 2" ROX.. As you wont have to lengthen any cables. You will lose your plastic handlebar cover. That beng said your specific desired riser might relate more to your height/arm reach, seat height etc. Im 6' tall with 32" inseam. I chose the 2" ROX risers. I believe they were about $90US and were delivered within a few days. I also have the clearview large windshield +4" taller and 4" wider and love that set-up. BUSH on this forum has the same set-up. If you check some older postings (search ROX RISERS) you'll see the photos of his bar risers and the great paint job he completed on the bars etc. Heli bars are the most flexible in terms of moving them in the most custom positions... but can be pricey. Post photos on whatever you choose.

Joseph/TX

R.I.P. - 2016/11/13
Rest In Peace
Bike
1994 ST-1100A
Suggest the 2" ROX.. As you wont have to lengthen any cables. You will lose your plastic handlebar cover. That beng said your specific desired riser might relate more to your height/arm reach, seat height etc. Im 6' tall with 32" inseam. I chose the 2" ROX risers. I believe they were about $90US and were delivered within a few days..
Not quite that expensive in the U.S.
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=rox+risers+&rh=i:aps,k:rox+risers+

Bike
1999 ST1100
Hi every one.
I want to fit bar risers on my ST1100 while not needing to extend the lines or cables and keeping the stock plastick cover on the handelbars. Because of the big windscreen you don't get the support from the wind blowing and I sometimes get a bit of a neck pain from the leaned forward postition. I don't want a drastic change in the riding position, just a bit of a tweak to fit me better.
Was looking at this type of risers.FireShot Capture 092 - For Honda Grom MSX125 2013 2019 MSX 125 ST1100 22mm 7_8_ Handlebar Ri_ ...png

They come in 20mm, 30mm and 40mm variants. ( that's 0.79 ; 1.18 ; 1.57 inch ).
The two things I am considering are:
1 Will the raised handlebars interfere with the mirrors making them less visible?
2 Will the wind blow on my hand much more with the raised bars? I don't have the mirror optional deflectors.
Any suggestions on what to order? :)

Edit: now looking at it the raised platic cover will interfiere whit the ignittion key... hmm

Last edited:
Bike
91 ST1100/06 ST1300
I did this job recently.
-1" generic risers from an Ebay seller...cause the shroud to move backward a bit.
-The hoses were a bit snug so I removed the stock wire ties on the handlebars and repositioned the hoses so they don't get stressed when the steering is pivoted. Installed new plastic ties.
-I trimmed the ignition hole forward using a Dremel...sandpaper, a wooden dowel and a bit of patience work as well. Had to remove the dark plastic trim around the original hole, I will eventually decide on something to replace it with. I also trimmed the plastic key down a bit and repolished it...no interference with the housing. The key installs fine.
-Mine has the wire that the stock center shroud bracket clips onto...the rise makes the bracket too short. I replaced it with a piece of wire coat hanger that I painted black. It's about an inch longer than the sheetmetal bracket, with hooks on the end to catch the attachment wire. Installed it loosely, slipped the shroud into place, hooked it onto the attachment wire, pushed it snug and tightened the new screw.
-The smaller plastic covers mount right back on with no issues.
-The mirrors are not obscured. I don't notice any difference in airflow at the grips.

Seven months and it's still tight.

1624700394571.png

1624701523820.png

Wow! Thanks! :thumb:
Great info and a lot of help. Very clean install, that's what I am after also.
Looking at the picks I think I will go with the smallest option on the risers if I do deside to order them.

Pop-Pop

Site Supporter
Bike
1996 ST 1100
STOC #
I have a set for sale in the classified section of this site. They are 4" straight risers, which are 3" taller than stock. I was able to use them with the stock cables and brake/clutch lines but I don't think you could go any taller without switching to longer lines. I really liked my risers and am only selling them because I aquired a pair of Generation I Helibars which are awesome! I've heard great things about Rox risers as well but I have never tried them.
Pls pm me. Im looking. I have a few questions?
Thanks

Top Bottom