PCV Valve for the brakes?

Bike
2006 ST1300
Ummmm....what? PCV valve is Positive Crankcase Ventilation. That is for the engine...nothing to do with brakes. You might be referring to the SMC...Secondary Master Cylinder.

T_C

Bike
2005 St1300
STOC #
Proportioning control valve

Up under the right side plastic. Mounted to the frame of the bike just below the gas tank (not under the tank literally, but outside the main frame). You can access it by just undoing the screws holding the main side cowl on and pry it a bit away to slip the hose and 8mm wrench, but for your first bleed I would probably recommend you take off the whole side panel and see what/where it is.

dduelin

Tune my heart to sing Thy grace
Site Supporter
Bike
GL1800 R1200RT NC700
2024 Miles
STOC #
That's an important circuit to bleed (they all are!) but it's tempting to skip the PCV as its under the middle cowl but persevere.

Bike
2006 ST1300
Proportioning control valve

Up under the right side plastic. Mounted to the frame of the bike just below the gas tank (not under the tank literally, but outside the main frame). You can access it by just undoing the screws holding the main side cowl on and pry it a bit away to slip the hose and 8mm wrench, but for your first bleed I would probably recommend you take off the whole side panel and see what/where it is.
Thanks. Can you tell I'm a 1300 owner with a background in AUTOMOTIVE mechanics? Lola.

Top Bottom