Delkevik's ST1100

Bike
95 red ST
STOC #
I would like a bit more snap out of the bike, I would like to loose a couple of lbs. off the bike
and a little more of an exhaust note would be nice but not to much.

I am thinking of installing a set of Delkeviks on my 95 ST1100.
It is turning 52K and runs just great.
It is problem free and I am wondering if I am messing with a good thing and is it better left alone?
Or do I go for a bit more power and performance from the exhaust?
The price is the driving factor as is the performance and fit & finish.

I have read the posts and my question is,
In anyone's experience out there with the Delkeviks:

Is there a noticeable weight difference from stock pipes to the Delkevik cans?
Is there less heat with the Delkevik Headers?
Is there more power with the Header and can combo, rather than just the cans alone?
Do just the cans alone make a significant difference?
Any tuning post can instal?
How much retuning post header and can instal?

Anything else I should consider?

Thanks
:)
Vink

Bike
97 st1100
I have a 97 ST1100, replaced standard exhaust with delkevic using short end cans, definite improvement in mid range power more responsive do not know if this is from end cans or not as replace whole exhaust in one go ,the only other thing I did was balance the carbs after installing the exhausts. no noticeable difference in weight on bike.
exhaust have a nice note to them although they do pop and bang a little on the overrun. when going through the Tyne Tunnel there is a urge to keep opening and closing the throttle to listen to exhaust I have not tried them with the baffels removed
the only complaint I have is I use the bike 50 weeks of the year commuting around 600 mile a week.in all weathers so a lot of salt on the road, after about 18 months I have had to drill out all the rivets as they had started to corrode and replace with stainless steel rivets, originals where alloy.

hope this helps

Monkey Hanger

bdalameda

PaleoCyclist
Bike
Africa Twin
I have had my Delkevics now for about 4 years. I am satisfied. I use the included quiet inserts as withut them they are too noisy. With them installed the sound is louder than stock but very acceptable.

Joseph/TX

R.I.P. - 2016/11/13
Rest In Peace
Bike
1994 ST-1100A
I looked at a couple of YouTube videos of the Delkevik on an 1100; it looks an awful lot like the Two Brothers pipes that were on mine when I bought it. Same company, different name? I'm wondering about the quieter baffles and whether they would fit my mufflers, which are just a tad noisier than I like. Anyone know?"

Bike
ST1100 1994
They could be as they have separate joining pipes and not welded on as stock - or like the Black Widows which I think you can't get in the USA. The Widows have a one piece join pipe and no rivets, all welded. so I will get them when the time comes.

Bike
Honda ST11 gl1800
Did you notice any drop in engine heat with the new cans? Was it a noticeable bump in power?
Heat isn't really an issue with the 1100. Late June and on into July, August I run my stock windshield and then put my 22' screen back on by October just in time for the Blue Ridge gathering. This bike has really good protection from the weather so yes it's not a naked bike so you will have to get use to it. However you will really enjoy this bike if you ever intend on doing any touring. Don't take my word for it buy one you'll love it!! Ken

Bike
2002 ST1100
Heat isn't really an issue with the 1100. Late June and on into July, August I run my stock windshield and then put my 22' screen back on by October just in time for the Blue Ridge gathering. This bike has really good protection from the weather so yes it's not a naked bike so you will have to get use to it. However you will really enjoy this bike if you ever intend on doing any touring. Don't take my word for it buy one you'll love it!! Ken
I am inching closer and closer. I thought I had found the one to buy ... but may have found another one.

Top Bottom