How Many ST1300s can you fit in your garage?

ToddC

Site Supporter
Bike
2006 ST1300A
Todd Great to meet you too... hope you had a good ride back east side of the state..... i know my dad has made it down to ELk Grove yesterday night...
Any word from the road??? Has the grin worn off his face yet??

Todd

OP
OP
SupraSabre

SupraSabre

48 Years of SoCal Lane Splitting/Commuting-Retired
Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
I made it back home on Saturday afternoon. With my wife still recovering from her surgery and broken foot, I haven't had very much time to get on my computer.

Todd, Thanks for meeting Justin and me at the dealership! It was great having lunch with you too!

I'll put a write up of my trip in a bit. (I need to write it up first). But it was a fast trip, but everything went really well! :D

2012-pickup-s.jpg

ToddC

Site Supporter
Bike
2006 ST1300A
Great write up Bob.

ToddC

ps Do the bikes eat that much dog food ??????? I see you have a feeder for all three of them .
That must be what the Seafoam is for....:06biker:

OP
OP
SupraSabre

SupraSabre

Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
Great write up Bob.

ToddC

ps Do the bikes eat that much dog food ??????? I see you have a feeder for all FOUR of them .
That must be what the Seafoam is for....:06biker:
There, fixed it for you, the other '04 is in the other garage sitting on my HF Lift.! ;)

Thanks Todd! :D

BakerBoy

It's all small stuff.
STOC #
Bob-
With that fleet of ST's ... I assume you've noticed some traits/characters of one bike vs. another? As examples, I wonder if you've noticed any: heat differences, pull-to-the-right differences, throttle on-off abruptness differences, vibration differences, shock compression/rebound behaviors, mileage, etc.?
:)

970mike

Mike Brown
Site Supporter
Bike
07 & 12 ST1300A
SPOT
LINK
STOC #
Bob-
With that fleet of ST's ... I assume you've noticed some traits/characters of one bike vs. another? As examples, I wonder if you've noticed any: heat differences, pull-to-the-right differences, throttle on-off abruptness differences, vibration differences, shock compression/rebound behaviors, mileage, etc.?
Most likely a big DMV and Insurance fee!! :22yikes:

OP
OP
SupraSabre

SupraSabre

Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
Bob-
As a matter of fact, yes, I find the 2010 runs much hotter than the two '04s do. Now that I have the 2012, I'll be able to see if it does too and back up my theory that the changes they made to the exhaust (more cat material in the '08 and later models) causes that heat and that they added those lower side covers to keep the extra heat off the legs.

I haven't noticed any pulling to the right, more from one model to another, just when I don't take care of the frontend when changing tires, like you are supposed to.

No differences in the shocks. Although I do have a cop shock with only 409 miles on it that I might try.

No differences in the throttle on-off, they are all the same.

Mileage is all close, CA gas doesn't rank up on the top for gas mileage.

Here's my latest pics of my stable...;)

The running ones...('04#2, 2010, 2012)

bikes-3of4-s.jpg

All four: ('04#1 on the lift, with '04#2, 2010, 2012)

Bikes-4of4-s.jpg

Note: the wheel chair is for the one on the lift, it needs all the help it can get - actually we used it for the wife after she broke her foot. We are ready to give it back now and is just taking up space in my garage! :eek:4:

Last edited:

Imrubicon

Wannabe Squid
STOC #
Dont they have groups for people with your issues LOL
I just came back to a ST1300 also as it was a great deal and Im limited by Garage space

Top Bottom