How Many ST1300s can you fit in your garage?

Throttlejockey

Padden is my hero
Bike
06 ST1300
STOC #
Just can't beat the price! Don is the guy I'm working with. Seems to me to be a good guy! :D

I only found it on Craig's List, I was surprised I didn't see it on CycleTrader...not that I was really looking that hard, because a lot of the times when you call, they sold it a month before and just didn't take the add down.

The cheapest I've see advertised down here was like $16K+ Way too high for me.
Is CA going to give you a hard time because you bought it new out of state?

OP
OP
SupraSabre

SupraSabre

48 Years of SoCal Lane Splitting/Commuting-Retired
Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
What day are flying in? May be able to meet for lunch depending on the day and if you have time. I'll have to go see Don and give him crap that he owes me a commission for selling the bike on a forum for him. :)
Jim,

The plan right now is for Justin (the son I sold my '05 ST1300 to) and I to drive up on Tuesday, 25th to pick up the bike. We'll haul it down to his place in Beaverton so I can do a little farkleing before the journey home.

If you want to meet us someplace near the bike shop after we pick it up, that would be great!

Is CA going to give you a hard time because you bought it new out of state?
Shouldn't be a problem since it is a 50 state bike (as long as the sticker is there)

Also, the 7,500 thing has to do with 49 state bikes. Non conforming to CA standards.

DMV:
"Caution: Unless the vehicle was originally manufactured to meet California emission standards or the owner or vehicle qualifies for an exemption, California law prohibits:

California residents or businesses from bringing into California or registering in California, a motor vehicle that had less than 7,500 miles on the odometer (at the time of purchase, trade, or acquisition)."

Last edited:
Bike
2005 st 1300
STOC #
AH this is the real story behind my mom (SupraSabre Wife) breaking her foot.... Dave was right she kicked u when you told her you where buying another bike. SMH... Well i cant complain too much i get to see my dad and go with him to pick up this bike...

OP
OP
SupraSabre

SupraSabre

Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
AH this is the real story behind my mom (SupraSabre Wife) breaking her foot.... Dave was right she kicked u when you told her you where buying another bike. SMH... Well i cant complain too much i get to see my dad and go with him to pick up this bike...
Mom broke her foot a week ago...I only told her about buying it last night...(Hey, I only found out I was buying yesterday afternoon...) :D

OP
OP
SupraSabre

SupraSabre

Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
I just don't get it. That bike is new, doesn't need to be refurbed, rebuilt, repainted, re-anything'ed. What interest would you possibly have in a bike like that?
I am so done with rebuilding them....:old1:

ToddC

Site Supporter
Bike
2006 ST1300A
I'd join the purchase festivities....but that's in the middle of WeSToc. Are you SURE that you can't swing though and show us that new bike??????

More fun to ride them than work on them.......

ToddC

OP
OP
SupraSabre

SupraSabre

Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
I'd join the purchase festivities....but that's in the middle of WeSToc. Are you SURE that you can't swing though and show us that new bike??????

More fun to ride them than work on them.......

ToddC
As of right now, I'm not even sure I'll be able to leave on the 24th.. the wife wants me to wait for later Tuesday...:eek:4: Then I have to be home by the 30th, after seeing everyone on the way home! :eek:4: :eek:4:

My brother is planning on meeting me in Weed, then ride to Elk Grove see Mom and then to Travis, spend the night and take off the next morning for Murrieta! Too bad it's on the other side of Washington...:(

OP
OP
SupraSabre

SupraSabre

Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
Plans are shaping up. I'm leaving on the 24th and flying out of San Diego to Portland where Justin will pick me up. On the 25th we drive to the dealership, pick it up and head back to his place where I'll farkle it for the ride home.

But, on the 26th, I hope to have it farkled in the morning, so I can go ride around the area, before taking off on the 27th. :D

Meet up with my brother in Weed on the 27th (about 350 miles), on the 28th, head to Elk Grove (about 228 miles), see my mom, then spend the night at Travis AFB (60 miles). 29th, head home (about 500 miles)!

So it will be about 1,150 miles total.

OP
OP
SupraSabre

SupraSabre

Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #

ToddC

Site Supporter
Bike
2006 ST1300A
Counting Days......I'd be counting minutes.

It's a shame you can't ride it home.....The coast is such a great ride.

Todd

Top Bottom