St1300 vs BMW gs1200

Bike
2015 BMW GSA
I just joined Tor and others here who have posted and made the switch. Not an easy decision as we all know the ST is reliable, with a great motor, and just gets it done without drama. This past week the ST was sold and I added a new-to-me 2015 GSA optioned out like Tor's. In doing my shopping and testing over the past months, I decided to go with the lowered suspension - it gives me some room to add the Russell Day Long seat that I came to enjoy on the ST. (Yes, the RDL spoiled me and I will not stay with a stock seat too long.)

Really enjoying it so far, but too early to add any helpful comments to this thread - other than "Stand by".

amorley

Site Supporter
Bike
2015 BMW K1600GTS
2024 Miles
SPOT
LINK
I made the switch to a 2015 BMW K1600 GT and love it! My main desire is to tour long distance on pavement. Tried out a Super Tenere for a few years but prefered the ST for my style of riding so the K bike was my choice for an upgrade. Expensive but I am very, very happy with the result. I have now done 13K miles on KBiK since March and the only thing wrong with it is me.

Last edited:

gmast1100

Gettin old sux
Bike
2016 Kawasaki Versys
STOC #
I made the switch to a 2015 BMW K1600 GT and love it! My main desire is to tour long distance on pavement. Tried out a Super Tenere for a few years but prefered the ST for my style of riding so the K bike was my choice for an upgrade. Expensive but I am very, very happy with the result. I have now done 13K miles on KBiK since March and the only thing wrong with it is me.]
Andy, are you saying maybe vertical challenged? Lol

Bike
2013 Triumph Trophy
I made the switch to a 2015 BMW K1600 GT and love it! My main desire is to tour long distance on pavement. Tried out a Super Tenere for a few years but prefered the ST for my style of riding so the K bike was my choice for an upgrade. Expensive but I am very, very happy with the result. I have now done 13K miles on KBiK since March and the only thing wrong with it is me.

That's a beautiful bike.

Tor

Making Life A Ride
Site Supporter
Bike
R1200 GSA / S1000XR
I just got back from a 5500 mile cross country trip on my st. I have a 2007 bought new in 2009. Prior to that I rode a hd softail for 11 years. I have about 27k miles on the st. Most of my riding is limited to planned trips as I have 2 small kids that take up most of my time and love it. I have Russell day long saddle, risers, and mcl highway pegs. Rest is stock. I love this bike. Smooth , quiet and powerful. All my reasons for wanting one have been made true.

I have always been drawn to the BMW gs 1200. I think I would like the positioning of the seating and would mainly use on interstate and twisties. I can't afford one yet,but who has made the switch? I would like to do a 3 year plan to possibly get one. Any resentment for those that gave up the st for a gs? I am playing what if. I do like the style of the hard bags and dirt bike appearance. Again off road on one for me would be close to never for me. My honda has been loyal and trouble free so far. Thanks for any insight.

So....did you decide on anything exciting?

Top Bottom