Windshield review for tall riders

Bike
ST1100
Hi

I was just on a 2200km trip through Sweden. And the standard st1100 windscreen is just awful. My head is right in the turbulence zone and the noise is unbearable.

When I got home I got a National Cycle windscreen ASAP. Being 189cm (6ft2 I think) the National Cycle windscreen is just perfect. Now my head is in a silent zone and the turbulence is about 10cm (4 inch) above my head.

The difference is clear from the pictures below:

st1100 std screen rider.jpgst1100 national screen rider.jpg

I tested it to 100mph and there was no surprises or problems.

Just wanted to share the good news, cheers.

Last edited:
Bike
1999 ST1100
Yes, you've experienced what many tall riders experience with the original "low" windshield. I'm switched to an Extra Large Clearview windshield and the difference between it and the original is similar to what you've also experienced. I do like the way your windshield curves up at the top. I wish my Clearview also had that added extra curve or redirection of airflow as it would be even better.

BTW, just arrived back from Copenhagen yesterday. I didn't see any ST1100's on the road, but was surprised with the number of Harley's I saw. Forget the actual road name that leads into Copenhagen's Ny Haven area - from the north of the city - but it's a popular one for bikers. The high stone buildings reflect all the sound back! It was quite entertaining listening to all the bikes one night while enjoying the Carlesberg and Tuborg beers we were drinking in a restaurant there. Lovely beer by the way!

richpeabody

Site Supporter
Bike
ST1100
STOC #
yes
I'm 6'1", and have Clearview tall on my ST 1100....I find it just right.
I also have Heli-Bars and have lowered the foot pegs, so I sit about upright.
I did ride with the stock blade on this bike when I bought it...too short.....

Have fun!

Top Bottom