Fuel Gage

Bike
91 ST1100/06 ST1300
Ran my 1991 to the gas station for my first fill up last night. The fuel needle transitioned from near E to Full as you would expect. When I turned the bike off at home, the needle remained on the full mark. I don't remember if the needle had previously dropped when I turned the bike off or not...but it did transition with fuel level while I was riding.
Is this normal for the early ST (25 years old and 17300 miles...ridden for five years, garage stored for 20) or is it time to start searching for gremlins?

OP
OP
Oldbikefixr
Bike
91 ST1100/06 ST1300
Thanks!!! I have restored a number of 1960's to 1980's bikes...all of them needed help and the serviceable/unserviceable assemblies were just plain obvious. My 1991 ST1100 is a different animal. Looks almost factory new but is, for the math un-inclined, 25 years old, age related problems will dominate my workload (and checking account). Think I'm going to lean on you guys a bit over the next few weeks. The ST knowledge here is fantastic...much of which comes from experience as well from the manuals. Thanks again.

Bike
'98 ST1100
STOC #
And I have to go about 85 miles after I fill up before the gauge starts to read below "Full". I understand that's about normal. And when the " Low Gas " light comes on, I have about a gallon left in the tank. From what I understand, that's about normal, too.

Thought you might need to know this, also.

Top Bottom