Combo Sena based question

T_C

Bike
2005 St1300
STOC #
I understand there are two protocols for connecting Bluetooth to the headsets. Thanks to Sena for making it as confusing as possible.
Sena did not invent bluetooth protocols. The y are just using the standards already set.

Geez... I couldn't imagine how confusing or aggravating it would be if companies did invent their own.

Ohh.. wait.. some already do and there is a reason they have very little market share.

nerSTeve

Vendor
Bike
2007 ST1300A
STOC #
I've tried numerous ways to connect and thought I had it once, but never got it again and the way I mocked up.

Me to Sena:
I have the headset connected to my Android phone for calls and music.
I want to use the SM10 for GPS and Radar and still be able to listen to music from the phone.
Every pairing scenario I have tried kicks the music off.

Sena's reply:
All headsets have one single A2DP connection for media. This is why you cannot have both an SM10 and another A2DP device, such as your phone's music connection, to be connected at the same time.If your GPS supports an HFP connection, such as a Garmin Zumo, then you can pair it to the headset using one of the two HFP connections supported on our headsets.

SteveST1300

Site Supporter
Vendor
Bike
03&04 ST1300
STOC #
Thats it but I think the s20 you may be able to do it if I am not mistaken the S20 has 2 A2DP connections but I am not positive.
Me to Sena:
I have the headset connected to my Android phone for calls and music.
I want to use the SM10 for GPS and Radar and still be able to listen to music from the phone.
Every pairing scenario I have tried kicks the music off.

Sena's reply:
All headsets have one single A2DP connection for media. This is why you cannot have both an SM10 and another A2DP device, such as your phone's music connection, to be connected at the same time.If your GPS supports an HFP connection, such as a Garmin Zumo, then you can pair it to the headset using one of the two HFP connections supported on our headsets.

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
Thats it but I think the s20 you may be able to do it if I am not mistaken the S20 has 2 A2DP connections but I am not positive.
Nope, just one... but it does have multi tasking so you can hear the HFP -mono inputs - at the same time as your single stereo connection... so you can listen to music and get gps instructions or intercom inputs, can't remember the mumber of HFP connections available.

OP
OP
Bike
2015 FJR1300A
THANKS for the news....bad as it is.
I appreciate your time as well as the fact that this ends our quest. I don't think I could take any more 1 per night beers while trying different options!

OP
OP
Bike
2015 FJR1300A
Nope, just one... but it does have multi tasking so you can hear the HFP -mono inputs - at the same time as your single stereo connection... so you can listen to music and get gps instructions or intercom inputs, can't remember the mumber of HFP connections available.
THANK you sir !

Yes...with his equipment as described....the best we could do is to direct wire the RD to the aux in on the Sena 20s headset. bluetooth the I-phone to Sena20s for music/phone. GPS is stand along ( just visual...although it is bluetooth capable). NO use for the SM10 !

The drawback to this is that the RD just over-rides the music of the phone....no cutting out and back in like when playing music and then receive a call.

Bike
2014 FJR 1300 ES
Gilly57...Look at the 20s instructions on page 18. It says that if you use a SR-10 (not SM-10), a GPS or radar detector that is wired to the SR-10 will be heard in the back ground while on the intercom or ON THE PHONE. Might pass this on to your buddy.

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
Gilly57...Look at the 20s instructions on page 18. It says that if you use a SR-10 (not SM-10), a GPS or radar detector that is wired to the SR-10 will be heard in the back ground while on the intercom or ON THE PHONE. Might pass this on to your buddy.
The phone overrides that as it has a higher priority. But, the others should be heard via the multitasking option on the 20s.

I'm thinking of just plugging in the radar detector to the mp3 input on the headset... I know I'm going away from the whole wireless thing but sure it cheaper than the SR10.

Bike
2014 FJR 1300 ES
The phone overrides that as it has a higher priority. But, the others should be heard via the multitasking option on the 20s.

I'm thinking of just plugging in the radar detector to the mp3 input on the headset... I know I'm going away from the whole wireless thing but sure it cheaper than the SR10.
Just passing on what Sena claims. I have a SR-10 and use it with it with a Zumo for instructions, and a cb or FRMS radio and I do hear the GPS in the background when on the radio or intercom. Haven't tried it while on the iPhone.

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
Just passing on what Sena claims. I have a SR-10 and use it with it with a Zumo for instructions, and a cb or FRMS radio and I do hear the GPS in the background when on the radio or intercom. Haven't tried it while on the iPhone.
ok, I just thought they said phone calls override all other inputs... that's been my experience but I've also had some strange issues w/intercom with other riders.

Bike
91-ST1100 & PC800
STOC #
Re: Combo Sena based question SM10

Hi Joe The SENA SM10 is an audio transmitter that converts the
audio system on motorcycles to be used blue tooth. it will also work with
a GPS and other devices

You mean SR10, there is no SM10 that I'm aware of.

Top Bottom