How long before you cover your (hot) bike after riding it. Will covers melt from pipe

Bike
ST1300
STOC #
Re: How long before you cover your (hot) bike after riding it. Will covers melt from

mine fits over the Hondaline top box and side bags OK. Doesn't cover my exhaust though. The rest of the bike it fits fine.
Thanks. I may try the full cover in the same size then. I like to "hide" the bike when on a trip, especially since the color stands out, which is the point while riding.

John-

Reginald

cyclepoke
Bike
ST1300
STOC #
Re: How long before you cover your (hot) bike after riding it. Will covers melt from

Like a lot of others... Nelson-Rigg XL Half cover here. Check in, bring the stuff to the room, take the gear off and throw shorts/pants on... wash my face... go cover.
+1 But I read a bit then hit the sack. :D

Bike
2010 ST1300

I know this is a touch off topic, but this conversation about covers may answer my question. What size cover does the ST1100 need? I am looking at a Tour Master Elite cover.
https://www.canadasmotorcycle.ca/tourmaster-elite-cover.html
IIRC, Nelson Rigg said all large touring bikes take their largest cover. So that's what I got for my ST - but it is a half cover because the full sized ones take up too much space. Bottom line is the ST is not all that much smaller than a GW or a full dress Harley. So go max size unless the mfr says otherwise. When all else falis, read the instructions.

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010

https://www.nelsonrigg.com/covers/fa...er-detail.html
Nelson-Rigg says: * Depending on exhaust tpye [sic] and length of riding, we recomended to let pipes cool at least 10 minutes before covering.

Check in, bring the stuff to the room, take the gear off and throw shorts/pants on... wash my face... go cover. Then grab some grub and hit the sack.
Same here but I usually clean off the bugs and throw a light buff on the bike so that adds to the cool down time.

I've got some cheapie half cover that's starting to show some wear after only a few uses. Next time I'd go big with Nelson-Rigg.

STrangr

Mike O.
Bike
2007 St-1300 Abs
STOC #

+1 on the dowco guardian. I have three of them, one being the half cover which I use for work and for road trips because it packs way smaller then the guardian.
The company says you can cover it hot, but recommend waiting a few minutes to cool.
Make of that what you will.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom