new z6

Bike
2002 ST1100
after agonizing over what to order- reading and rereading all of your imputs about tires- i finally pulled the trigger on a set of z-6 just now.
there were bt20s on when i bought this and got another 3000 or so- rear is still ok- front is thin and getting cupped at about 10k.

really appreciate all of the hard earned advice i find here- even still -tires are hard to choose
also ordered the 90 degree valve stems-in gold- pain in the arze to work with straight ones.

thanks again, even to those who recommended other brands even though i did'nt go with, all imput was weighed

970mike

Mike Brown
Site Supporter
Bike
07 & 12 ST1300A
SPOT
LINK
STOC #
Just burned one up on my ST1300 on the front and it was bald at 10000 miles, better then back at home I burn them up in 2500 miles. The rear did not hold up for me on the 1300.

Bike
2021 RE Meteor 350
Your report on the Z6's would be appreciated, after you have worn them out. We live in the same geographical area, similar roads, etc,. so it will be interesting to see if your 1100 gets anywhere near what I get out of them, consistently around 25,000 km both front and rear.

Bike
ST1300 2008
Just bought a Metzeler Roadtec Z6 Sport Touring Rear Tire will replace a Bridgestone Battlax which I got about 5k out of, down to wear marks and planning a trip to CO next month..
Will see how the z6 holds up!!

Bike
2021 RE Meteor 350
after agonizing over what to order- reading and rereading all of your imputs about tires- i finally pulled the trigger on a set of z-6 just now.
there were bt20s on when i bought this and got another 3000 or so- rear is still ok- front is thin and getting cupped at about 10k.

really appreciate all of the hard earned advice i find here- even still -tires are hard to choose
also ordered the 90 degree valve stems-in gold- pain in the arze to work with straight ones.

thanks again, even to those who recommended other brands even though i did'nt go with, all imput was weighed
Been a year since your post, so how did the Z6's do for you?

Top Bottom