Exhaust clamp size

SteveST1300

Site Supporter
Vendor
Bike
03&04 ST1300
STOC #
Does anyone know the size of the exhaust clamps I had one snap today and need to find a replacement is it a 2"?

Bike
st1300 '04
STOC #
Hose clamps 2.5" pipes. 2" for the cross coupler.

I just put a hose clamp on one for now. If you're your going to use a muffler clamp let me know I'll try to get a pipe measurement.

Last edited:
Bike
2004 ST1300
Hey SteveST1300, I'm Raybonz from head gasket issues awhile back. I bought an 04 1300 recently and since you have one as well, I have a couple of questions about headlights I'm hoping you can answer for me. I've tried to raise them by using the aiming button on the dash. Nothing. Then I tried doing it manually and they don't go up or down. The fuse is good and there is power from the connector so that's not a problem. I called a local dealer who I've gotten parts from in the past and he said yes, he can order the motor but that it only works on the low beam, the high being stationary. WHAT!!?? Is this true? Right now the beam goes out to 10-15ft which is useless. I work at night and commute thru a canyon at 0200 so I can't ride without better lighting than this. Help please!!

Bike
st1300 '04
STOC #
The hi/low move at the same time. Same bulb. Your dealer is thinking of another bike or is just wrong. Maybe he meant to say the hi/low can't be adjusted independently? The manual adjustment CCW is up. Point the bike at the wall it'll take multiple turns to see movement. Up thru the forks from below. The nut on the black motor box that accepts a phillips (JIS) screw driver, or hex key, or socket. All 3 can be used to adjust it.

Do you hear any motor noise when you turn the dash adjuster. Bike key on but not running you should here the adjuster motor working in response to the dash knob. My adjuster had a dead spot brand new. A few full travel turns on the knob and it has worked fine ever since.

The white knobs are for left and right for each reflector and generally don't need tweaking.

Last edited:
Bike
2004 ST1300
I've not tried listening to see if I can hear that run yet. I will do that when I leave work tonight though. But like you suggested, I draped a dark blanket over some sawhorses and turned the bike on. Put some marks on the blanket for reference and started turning. I counted 20 full revolutions and nothing. Then I tried in reverse and still nothing. I bought the bike from a guy who had an XM radio and helmet comm put on. When I changed the bulbs from 100/90 Plasma to 70/65 Osrams, I found several fastners that were mismatched as well as wires that had been siliconed in place after being pulled out of the male end of the plug. Shoddy work for sure! I am very happy to know that the headlight set up is like my ST1100! Thanks for clearing that up. I'll post again tomorrow and let you know what I find. Thanks.

Bike
2006 ST1300
I've got 2 hose clamps on mine, works great. When the middle one goes there will be a third.

Top Bottom