Clear lenses for the front turninglights ST1100

Everyone seems to be looking forward, what are people doing out back?
I've just installed some LED trailer lights on the pannier cases to improve indicators and brake light.
Will post pictures when completed

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
Will post pictures when completed
That's always appreciated. There are several posts about adding auxiliary brake lights and and converting turn signals and brake lights to LEDs.

spiderman302 (who worked to bring us the Evitek G6 headlight LEDs) posted about adding LEDs to his panniers. I've thought about putting a couple 10mm LEDs on each pannier for brake and taillights. One small light that does both would be better. I'm reluctant to drill or cut into them but they are great locations to increase conspicuity. Wiring and connectors and for me— aesthetics complicate using panniers for points of light.

in answer to what the benefit is. i have switchbacks on my pan. at night on dark roads a pan will look like any other size bike because you only see the headlight. with switchbacks you can see the size of what is coming and it looks very big which draws alot of attention which is great. it looks awesome and i cant recommend them enough

OP
OP
ad1993pan

ad1993pan

Vendor
Bike
ST1100
Ladies and gents
lowered the price for a sets clear lenses to € 32,50 excl shipping

just to inform you all ST1100 drivers
ad

Fatjock

STOC #8872
Bike
'18 Glowing Tour DCT
STOC #
I know it's a pain, but if you go through the thread, you'll find a link to a previous post of mine from when I fitted mine a couple of years ago. There is an embedded video to illustrate them.

I started with resistors on the switchbacks, but later switched the flasher unit for LED compatible. Also converted the headlamps to LED.

I love the clear lenses on the bike. Thanks Ad.

As for the rear, I fitted a brake strobe, in place of the rear reflector, and added additional running and brake LEDs to the Givi box (previously unlit). I did switch the main rear lights to LED on my '91, when I had it, but felt the incandescent were more effective, so didn't do this on the '01.
Very happy with all my lights now, certain I can see, and be seen.

Bike
ST1100
STOC #
I know it's a pain, but if you go through the thread, you'll find a link to a previous post of mine from when I fitted mine a couple of years ago. There is an embedded video to illustrate them.

I started with resistors on the switchbacks, but later switched the flasher unit for LED compatible. Also converted the headlamps to LED.

I love the clear lenses on the bike. Thanks Ad.

As for the rear, I fitted a brake strobe, in place of the rear reflector, and added additional running and brake LEDs to the Givi box (previously unlit). I did switch the main rear lights to LED on my '91, when I had it, but felt the incandescent were more effective, so didn't do this on the '01.
Very happy with all my lights now, certain I can see, and be seen.
Fatjock, I can't believe I'm saying this. But how about some rear end pictures? Sharing is caring, it would give us some ideas.

Bike
2005 ST1300
STOC #
I bought a set of these from Addy (see post #146) shipped to me in New Zealand last year, absolutely no problem with the order or delivery, and easy enough to fit.

Bike
ST1300
I bought a set of these from Addy (see post #146) shipped to me in New Zealand last year, absolutely no problem with the order or delivery, and easy enough to fit.
Hi Terry. Did you wire in the running lights as well?
If yrs,what else was required in parts please?

Bike
2005 ST1300
STOC #
No not yet. Local market ST's don't get running lights so are missing the 3rd wire at the blinkers and switch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
If yrs,what else was required in parts please?
A couple of riders have converted their indicators to running lights/indicators. The main thing was a new dual-filament socket. Other than wire and connector bits I don't know what else would be needed.

I don't have a link for any of the threads but will post if I can find one.

Bike
2005 ST1300
STOC #
Thanks Robert, I haven't yet looked at the link but will do so. The indicator switch pod for markets with running lights has an extra pair of circuits for the running lights, which gets interrupted on a side when that blinker is activated. So to do a proper job with stock parts would require the switch pod as well as the 3-wire sockets for bulbs (I have already purchased these). The wiring loom on my bike also lacks the connection between these points, and ideally I would need to find a match for the loom side of the 3-wire blinker connector to replace the stock 2-wire connectors.

Last edited:
Top Bottom