Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: Clear lenses for the front turninglights ST1100

Bike
    2001 ST1100
    Tip Overs
    My Gallery

Re: Clear lenses for the front turninglights ST1100

I know it's a pain, but if you go through the thread, you'll find a link to a previous post of mine from when I fitted mine a couple of years ago. There is an embedded video to illustrate them.

I started with resistors on the switchbacks, but later switched the flasher unit for LED compatible. Also converted the headlamps to LED.

I love the clear lenses on the bike. Thanks Ad.

As for the rear, I fitted a brake strobe, in place of the rear reflector, and added additional running and brake LEDs to the Givi box (previously unlit). I did switch the main rear lights to LED on my '91, when I had it, but felt the incandescent were more effective, so didn't do this on the '01.
    Very happy with all my lights now, certain I can see, and be seen.
    Iron Horses in my Stable:
    2001 ST1100 , 2011 Burgman 650 (Ghost), 2012 Burgman 650 ,(Spirit), 2016 Vulcan Vaquero
    The rest are cages........

Bike
    ST1100
    Tip Overs
    My SPOT
    My Gallery

Re: Clear lenses for the front turninglights ST1100

Quote Originally Posted by Fatjock View Post
    I know it's a pain, but if you go through the thread, you'll find a link to a previous post of mine from when I fitted mine a couple of years ago. There is an embedded video to illustrate them.

I started with resistors on the switchbacks, but later switched the flasher unit for LED compatible. Also converted the headlamps to LED.

I love the clear lenses on the bike. Thanks Ad.

As for the rear, I fitted a brake strobe, in place of the rear reflector, and added additional running and brake LEDs to the Givi box (previously unlit). I did switch the main rear lights to LED on my '91, when I had it, but felt the incandescent were more effective, so didn't do this on the '01.
    Very happy with all my lights now, certain I can see, and be seen.
    Fatjock, I can't believe I'm saying this. But how about some rear end pictures? Sharing is caring, it would give us some ideas.

+ New Posts
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516