Clear lenses for the front turninglights ST1100

Bike
ST1100
clear lenses for our ST1100
Hi Ad,
thank you for this nice looking clear lenses! My bike looks like new now) After having delivered led bulbs, i decided to mount clear lenses, it took about 15 min to replace them, using hairdryer and glow stick glue gun. Very easy)

Two color led bulbs I ordered with from aliexpress. Looks ok, much brighter that stock incandescent bulbs, and they have feature which shuts off white leds when orange leds are on. no need to install relay or tweak somehow wiring. Now need to figure out how to replace rear bulbs )

Then i decided to do something with relay. First, I bought automotive relay for experiments and googled how to tweak flashing frequency - found out that best way to do it is to replace shunt resistor with higher impedance. I soldered piece of thin (0.5mm in diameter) copper wire instead of resistor and started to add length to it. At about 50 cm length of wire relay starts to click properly with two led bulbs. If disconnect one - relay begins to click with double frequency as it was designed - so burnt bulb detection feature was saved).

then I cut open my ST1100 turn relay and did the same to it. Relay is glued with epoxy resin so need to use dremel thing to remove it. PCB is glued to case too, so I decided to cut shunt resistor without getting it out from the case and soldered my wire to it. To make it easier to hide this wire in the relay case I winded this piece of wire on the screwdriver and had nice looking spiral. Need not mention that wire must have insulation - I used wire with enamel insulation. Put this spiral inside relay case and glued it back - now I'm having two relays adjusted to work with leds)

IMG_20200623_215435.jpgIMG_20200623_211249.jpgIMG_20200623_212225.jpgIMG_20200623_212855.jpgIMG_20200624_120839.jpg

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
Hi @ad ,
thank you for this nice looking clear lenses! My bike looks like new now) After having delivered led bulbs, i decided to mount clear lenses, it took about 15 min to replace them, using hairdryer and glow stick glue gun. Very easy)...

Then i decided to do something with relay. First, I bought automotive relay...
Wow. I applaud your ingenuity and spirit of experimentation.
I would have just bought an LED compatible relay. :D

ChriSTian_64

Site Supporter
Bike
2000 ST1100Y
STOC #
I received my clear front flasher replacement cover, a few days ago. Due to covid-19, there was unusual delays. Ad posted them quickly. It's the canadian customs who took a whole month to process the light, small package, through their facility.
The good news is that everything is intact, it was very well packaged.
Many thanks to Ad, for all the time, efforts and money he had invested in this great project. Orders yours while stocks are still available.
@ad1993pan

Last edited:
Ladies and Gentleman

We in Holland were talking and writing with other Pan European Forums why Honda did not make clear lenses for our ST1100.
Now i invested some money into this and found a mould maker and he also makes clear lenses.

In order to get out of my costs in making the mould and making the lenses i would lik to offer eacht ST1100 driver the opp. to buy from me 2 clear lenses only for the turninglight for the amounth of ? € 32,50 (excl. shipping charges).

In 2 weeks i shall post some video's with the amber light and with the clear lights.
So if some-one is interested please let me know.

Kind regards
Ad Ploeg
Hi Ad
I would like to buy a pair of clear lenses. Please tell me how I can order and pay for them.
Thanks
Ken

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
Just wanted to take picture after repainting, but this is how my St looks like now with clear lenses and LEDs )
It looks really nice! A really fresh look for a venerable ride! Thanks for posting the pic.

paulcb

- - - Tetelestai - - - R.I.P. - 2022/05/26
Rest In Peace
Bike
'97/'01 ST1100 ABSII
STOC #
Gorgeous! Thanks for posting that. Are those OEM air deflectors? I don't think I've ever seen them before.
Those look like my ST1100 OEM wind deflectors.

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
Those look like my ST1100 OEM wind deflectors.
I've heard tell of them but likened the stories to that to the chupacabra or Bigfoot - alleged sightings but no definitive pics. :D Thanks for the confirmation.

paulcb

- - - Tetelestai - - - R.I.P. - 2022/05/26
Rest In Peace
Bike
'97/'01 ST1100 ABSII
STOC #
Last edited:

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
From the Spares link:

Would you like us to contact you if this part arrives in to stock?

:rofl1:

The pain of owning bikes so good they outlast their replacement parts (and market). I mean it's not like these are being cobbled together like something out of Mad Max.

Good day all,
Just to tell each and everyone , i only have appr 250 sets left of the 1000 i ordered.
I am selling between 5 and 7 sets a week.
So be sure that you get a set , because i don't think i will order again.

Ad
Hi Ad
I would like a set of lenses but am not sure how to personal message you.
When you have time can you let me know?
Thanks Dave

Top Bottom