OP
OP
ad1993pan

ad1993pan

Vendor
Bike
ST1100
Sandan

Best thing is in the oven , heat it up to 145 degrees Fahrenheit for appr. 30 minutes.
The put the old ones in for appr. 30 minutes and after that pul from oneside the old lenses out.
If the holder is still hot and the glue soft , put the clear lenses in immi. then they will be glued again.
I have put from bothside 1 wire to the small light inside the headlight, then i have runninglights.

Ad

Bike
1998 ST1100
STOC #
Sandan

Best thing is in the oven , heat it up to 145 degrees Fahrenheit for appr. 30 minutes.
The put the old ones in for appr. 30 minutes and after that pul from oneside the old lenses out.
If the holder is still hot and the glue soft , put the clear lenses in immi. then they will be glued again.
I have put from bothside 1 wire to the small light inside the headlight, then i have runninglights.

Ad
I followed these instructions today to swap my lenses out and it went great. Some things I noticed are that while enough glue remained with the turn signal housing to tightly hold the new lens, I am concerned about it having a good seal. I plan on running a thin bead of clear silicone around the lens to ensure a water tight seal. Also, the foam weather stripping that seals the Turn signal to the mirror cover is going to have to be replaced because it is stuck to the amber lenses and way too brittle to transfer. The only other advice is to have a flat blade screwdriver ready when you pull the turn signal out of the oven. Use the screw driver to pop the lens tabs out of one side of the housing, then you can leverage and pull the other side out.

This is an excellent upgrade to the old ST1100. Ad did an awesome job on these and they are every bit as good as the stock lenses in fit, quality, and finish. I am planning on running Fyre Flys switchback LED bulbs in mine with a new Custom Dynamics flasher unit so I don't have to use resistors to make it flash correctly.

Bike
ST1100
STOC #
I used many dip soaks of hot water to remove all of it. It took work, but that's OK. I also chrome sprayed the inside of the housing to make it really reflect. One of the many hardware stores had thin enough weather stripping to put in. It was either 1/8 or 3/16 inch thick. Worked like a champ.

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
I am planning on running Fyre Flys switchback LED bulbs in mine with a new Custom Dynamics flasher unit so I don't have to use resistors to make it flash correctly.
That's what I did and they work and look great.

Bike
1998 ST1100
STOC #
I have to repair my mirror covers before I can get everything put back together. When I removed the turn signal housings to swap the lenses I noticed some pretty big cracks in the covers, probably from one of the bikes drops. As soon as I get them back on and the new flasher module installed, I'll try to post some video. I can say that during bench testing, the Fyre Flys switchback bulbs are crazy bright! They are the kind of bright that is hard to look at (like staring at the sun). They run about $55 for the pair but at this early stage in the process, they certainly seem worth it.

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
They run about $55 for the pair but at this early stage in the process, they certainly seem worth it.
They certainly are. I tried another brand that were at least $20 cheaper and came with the same resistors. They get very hot and quit after about 15 minutes. They'll come back on when allowed to cool off but repeat the problem every time. They might be ok in an enclosure with more volume and some airflow. The Fyre Flys work right every time all the time. Hats off to WeAreZilla for finding them.

Bike
1998 ST1100
STOC #
White part a tat too bright and blueish for our MOT over here, but I like the bright amber of the t/signal side of them bulbs.
While I realize that all "white" leds are actually blue, these really don't seem blue at all in person. I plan on making a second video showing the entire front of the bike which will allow comparison between the LED bulbs and my 4300k HID headlights. I tried out both lamps in my garage at night with my headlights turned off and while not a true test of their illuminating capabilities, I think if I ever had a catastrophic HID failure at night, I could see enough with the switchbacks to at least get to someplace safe.

Bike
1998 ST1100
STOC #
Here's a pic of the front of my ST with HID headlights, clear turn signals with white LED's and Denali D4 hybrid flood/spot LEDs under the mirrors. I hope to never encounter any critters at night but if I do with this set up, they will burst into flames before I get to them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bike
ST1100
STOC #
If I didn't have them already, I would buy them from you again - without hesitation. In the extreme UV of the southern US, there has been no effect ordamage at all on these lenses. Can't say the same fort my Ford truck lights. They are just like new.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
Those clear lenses made me take a close look at the 1100 for the first time. It was out of production when I bought my ST so I never gave it any thought and not much when I joined this site.

But seeing with the clear lenses gave it an updated look that I really like and realized what a great looking bike it is. I love my 1300 but if I could morph some of the 1100's look...

Beauty eh!​

If I had a friend with an 1100 I'd get these. They'd look great with amber bulbs and greater with switchbacks!

Bike
ST1100
STOC #
Those clear lenses made me take a close look at the 1100 for the first time. It was out of production when I bought my ST so I never gave it any thought and not much when I joined this site.

But seeing with the clear lenses gave it an updated look that I really like and realized what a great looking bike it is. I love my 1300 but if I could morph some of the 1100's look...

Beauty eh!​

If I had a friend with an 1100 I'd get these. They'd look great with amber bulbs and greater with switchbacks!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Hi Ad:
I just joined the site and am interested in purchasing a pair of these. Can you let me know what total costs would be?....shipping to Canada?

Top Bottom