ST1300 Riding tool kit

ESB

STRIDER
Bike
'07 ST 1300
Always liked the ST1100 Tool Kit, Which I think is a good, compact, over the road set.

Went to a Honda Dealer, got the part no. for that Kit, ordered 1, & keep it on board the ST1300.

Agreed, It SHOULD have been included with the bike.
ONE Allen wrench!! Couldn't believe it when I found it back there. Almost started to make some phone calls back to dealer!!

The Goldwing toolkit in the hard case is a pretty good pick, too. But, weight & size pushed me away from that choice.

Bike
2007 Honda ST1300A
I also carry one of those "pen sized" extendable magnets. Great for when you're removing
small fasteners, nuts, washers etc. and don't want to lose them into the abyss :)

Im late to the party buttttt my tool kit is a little bit extra because i cheated and you will probably notice.

Under seat:
inside a small tool bag i have
ratchet. long extension bar. short extension bar.
short bar of sockets 8mm to 14mm. short bar of alan sockets
range of extra loose sockets including long spark plug socket and 17mm for drain plug.
soldering iron blow tip.
On top of that i have a AA mini compressor with the lead next to it tied up
on top of that i have a leatherman copy multi tool and on top of that i have a plug kit in a pouch with some electrical tape.
to the right i have a 27mm socket
just under the seat catch i have a rechargable torch

Under topbox carpet:
left side i have a broken key removal kit and a soldering iron along with an amount of solder in the lid
also left side i have a screwdriver from asda (uk) that has 4 ends ie the insert is double ended and the shaft removes and on the bottom is another double ended insert.
Right side i have a very thick 10mm paracord wrapped up in case i need to tow a friend.

So how i cheated was i removed the topbox rack and grab handle. cut off the abs holder, shelf and mudguard posts. I then cut a piece of plastic to fit in the bottom where the posts had been. I then split the loom tape and ran the small abs retaped across where the seat catch sits and down the right side held in place on the right to the subframe with a removable zip tie. the ecu was retaped and sits down across the back of the tail light lastly the bulb cables was taped seperate and also sits down the left side. this gave me a big storage space and allows me to change all bulbs by going under the seat. i also installed a rear luggage shelf below my number plate. i would have liked to cut out the square blocks that are shaped in the number plate and just put in a new piece of plastic but it would have meant having big holes which i didnt fancy. shame honda thought we should go in from the mudguard to change the brake bulbs. poor design

For my next trick im going to find a 7x4 tube and cut a panel out of my pillion seat to mount it inside like a sargent. my tool bag will then go in that and i will look at making a small set of jump leads to sit under the seat behind the ecu. the tools are a bit fiddly to get in the space so prefer the inside seat tool tube as i need my tools for mates more often than jump cables

Last edited:
Top Bottom