Riding in Switzerland

Bike
ST 1300 ABS,
Hello everybody
A new Video from my region in eastern Switzerland, just to look at when it is bad whether and when no one wants to go outside!

[video=youtube;-WM7Nat6CDY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WM7Nat6CDY[/video]

Anyway, just to inform you if someone thinks about a trip in the alps in europe but with an american guide:
Because I am interested in riding in USA I found by accident the website from a man from the east coast who is providing alptours guided by himself. I had contact by mail with him and I think we can meeet here for a drink on his next trip in Switzerland.

http://www.alps-tours.com/AlpsTourDetails.html

Or that?
http://www.alps-tours.com/AlpsTourDetails.html

Have a nice day
Thomas

Joseph/TX

R.I.P. - 2016/11/13
Rest In Peace
Bike
1994 ST-1100A
Totally amazed at the lack of traffic; looks like motorcycle Heaven..

OP
OP
s-wiss t-om
Bike
ST 1300 ABS,
Thanks for your comments.
Yes motorcycle Heaven, but you have to search a little bit where to find it.
For me it was also motorcycle heaven too last year when I was on a 11 days trip around Wyoming.

STOC #
Awesome video and great scenery. But I think my driveway is wider than your roads. :)
My bucket list is a short one.
#1. Win Lottery.
#2. Ride the Alps.

Uncle Phil

Site Supporter
In The Holler West Of Nashville, Tennessee
Bike
4 ST1100(s)
2024 Miles
STOC #
Awesome video and great scenery. But I think my driveway is wider than your roads. :)
My bucket list is a short one.
#1. Win Lottery.
#2. Ride the Alps.
Don't need to win the lottery, but IIRC you would need about $10,000 to do it for a couple weeks or so (bike rental, air fare, accommodations, fuel, etc.) :D

OP
OP
s-wiss t-om
Bike
ST 1300 ABS,
Hi Phil
Nice to hear from you.
Maybe Mcreviver thinks not about the first price in lottery! Like me I would be content in winning USD 10'000.00 to do nice riding days in the states!:D

You are right with your calculation in riding in Switzerland, unvortunately we are the most expensive country in europe but almost everything is perfect and that costs. You know it from your trip here.
Regards Thomas

Critters

Retired Black Rat
Bike
Red 2003 ST1300
STOC #
Fantastic video Thomas, was in Switzerland last May and was heading for Aosta in Italy, went over the St Bernards Pass and the scenery was fantastic.

Moto-Charlie

Vendor
Hi Thomas,

Once again - a very nice video. Thanks for sharing. I appreciate the kind reference to my Alps Tours website.

That was a very pretty ride. Now I'll have to see if we can take in the Gigerwaldsee on this Sept tour. We will be over near you in Sta Maria 18,19 Sept and again 24 Sept at Klontal. I will email you about getting together.

Uncle Phil mentions a cost of approx $10,000. Switzerland is indeed expensive and we base out of Thun, not far from Bern. However, my 2-week tour all-in (hotels, meals, gas, my fee and a bike like a Honda CBF1000) is approx $6,200 US at today's exchange rates. My ticket for airfare this week, which can vary widely, on Swiss Air direct from Boston to Zurich = $950, so a little over $7,000 - not counting the beer and wine budget :)

Bike
2005 ST1300
STOC #
I must have been close, because I lunched in Liechtenstein on a 2006 Edelweiss High Alpine tour. None of our roads were as narrow, but we did ride thru some avalanche sheds and tunnels. After returning to the US I bought my first, and last, bike. A nice beginning to riding into retirement.

Uncle Phil

Site Supporter
In The Holler West Of Nashville, Tennessee
Bike
4 ST1100(s)
2024 Miles
STOC #
Moto-Charlie - Well, I started in London and did the chunnel back across and picked up the Dolemites and few other Alps locations along the way (about 16 days). A lot depends on where the exchange rate for the USD is at the time. I've seen it all over the place during my trips to Europe and the UK. Plus if you plan on $10,000 and it costs less, you are a very happy camper. If it's flipped, you could be in deep trouble ... ;-)

OP
OP
s-wiss t-om
Bike
ST 1300 ABS,
Good discussion here, thanks.
I would say we make a typical Swiss-compromise: A two weeks trip in Switzerland costs about 10'000.00 Swiss Francs, all included. And a two week trip in the alps ( France, Italy, Switzerland, Austria) costs about
7'500.00 Swiss Francs or 6'900.00 Euro or 7'700.00 USD.
It is a difficult situation for us here because the Swiss Franc is to high to the Euro. We can buy very cheap in the near foreign countries but our industry and all the malls and supermarkets are loosing many customers.

Top Bottom