Fuel Fill Cap etc.

Bike
2005 ST1300
Hi All,

I left the 2005 ST out in the elements the other day, and the rain came down while at work on that day. When I went to fill it up with gas today after coming home from work, there was fuel/water hanging around just inside the tank opening ring. I knew something wasn't right. At this point, I'm not sure water is getting through.

After drying out the inside upper area just inside the fuel fill cap with a paper towel just now, I noticed the left side drain is completely plugged with residue.

With all that said, and I'm sure some of you have dealt with tank top issues, should I just go ahead with replacing gaskets etc?

Anyways...what do you all to clean up this area?

Attachments

v8-7

Site Supporter
Either blow compressed air into the hole, or try to run a piece of wire through the hole to dislodge the clog.

Bike
'07STA
STOC #
My new then 2007 did the exact same thing. Remove the left side cover and find the black hose. Mine had a kink in it.. Give that a try.

MajorTom

QuickBlue
STOC #
And be careful with that compressed air. If the hose is blocked you're likely to get a facefull of gas and crap back back from the hose. Remember the safety glasses.

Top Bottom