Jackets Fly Terra 4 jacket?

Has anyone tried this jacket yet? I don't have a Klim budget, and down here u need it to be able to be worn moST of the year. So this is in my price range and looking pretty good so far. Any advice?
I don't want another mesh jacket, I have a hi viz one that's fine, I will use it in the summer, but I want a versatile one that I can wear all winter and spring.
HI VIZ is a muST with my predawn commute too.
Any similar jackets you can recommend I'll check them out before buying.
http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/fly-terra-trek-4-jacket?gclid=Cj0KEQjwj_SvBRC7k4DfkLHiuMABEiQAvPOaqaDyoo6zj3Og7W7aX6Ka_hxzQslvEBzRUNTqRfJM88kaAtkA8P8HAQ

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Outbackwack

Howard
Bike
'13 Vstrom 650
STOC #
I have not, but it looks like a lot of value for the money. CE armor, YKK zippers, waterproofing. Most jackets like that are in the $300 range. I have an Olympia MOAB and First Gear Kilimanjaro that are both excellent. Revzilla has an excellent return policy so why not just buy it and try it? I like the Hi-Viz.

OP
OP
CoopST
I probably will, but, you guys have input I want to hear. If there is a flaw I don't see OR something similar priced that's better, I am interested. I have a Fly mesh jacket with windproof/waterproof liner, but, I need warmth and more waterproof than what I have. My mesh one leaks at the zipper, actually pours. So, I find myself wearing frogtogs instead.

OP
OP
CoopST
I ordered it last night, I will give it a good once over, try it out and review for everyone. The features of this jacket and the price just made it hard to pass up.
Hopefully I'm right!

OP
OP
CoopST
Jacket just arrived, the 1st impression, phenomenal! Features are fine, color nice and BRITE! Quality seems to be great. I had a nice tour master before, this is nicer quality and lighter weight.
Too warm for right now, but it's gonna be great! I'll post more on it after ride in AM.

paulcb

- - - Tetelestai - - - R.I.P. - 2022/05/26
Rest In Peace
Bike
'97/'01 ST1100 ABSII
STOC #
That looks like a really nice jacket at a great price. Looking forward to your thoughts on it after you've used it a bit.

OP
OP
CoopST
1st ride with jacket last night kept me happy with my choice!
Temp was warmer (75+ and HUMID). Liner was removed and vents were open. I will say, on interstate at higher than legal speeds it performed as I hoped. Vents allowed a decent airflow without the jacket blowing up like a balloon or feeling real heavy as some reviews of other jackets in similar price range and higher.
Visibility is wnonderful, and this jacket has a tremendous amount of adjustments to help you fit it perfectly to you.
More to come.

OP
OP
CoopST
TruST me, I will. I was actually hoping it would have rained laST nights, but it didnt.
I expect for warmth it will be great, rain, the features are there for it, just haven't tried it yet.

OP
OP
CoopST
After about 100 really wet interstate miles I am still very pleased! Bone dry after running average of 75 in a steady rain. Nothing got wet at all!
This jacket is very well made!

Sounds like a good jacket and the price is hard to beat. Planning to get a new jacket and I will consider it.

OP
OP
CoopST
Sounds like a good jacket and the price is hard to beat. Planning to get a new jacket and I will consider it.
Bang for buck yes! GO FOR it! Haven't had it long, but so far I have no complaints! Still haven't used the insulated liner, but it will be nice!

OP
OP
CoopST
After a few hundred more miles I am happy to report this jacket is still making me super happy!
I finally broke down and put the liner in it and am very pleased at how warm it is yet still pretty light weight feeling. Coldest temps so far have been low 40's but the ride home in an hour will blow that away, it will be around freezing, but no worries by me, it will be great!
If you need a great jacket at a very reasonable price, this is it!

paulcb

Rest In Peace
Bike
'97/'01 ST1100 ABSII
STOC #
Thanks for the continued updates Coop... keep 'em coming as necessary. With my recent get-off, I'll need a new jacket and, thanks to you, this one is on my list. ;)

OP
OP
CoopST
Thanks for the continued updates Coop... keep 'em coming as necessary. With my recent get-off, I'll need a new jacket and, thanks to you, this one is on my list. ;)
I'm sorry you had a get off, but grateful you are here to tell about it!
I know I trust people's opinions and want to help.others when I can.

It was 38* and extremely foggy (heavy wet fog)on my ride home this am, I had a tshirt, short sleeve, under the jacket and was not cold. It was a little cool, but I could have easily kept riding if it were not for needing sleep (night shift). This jacket so far is more than I had expected!

OP
OP
CoopST
I have a Fly mesh jacket with zip in rain liner for the hot times, it is a good jacket, but I wanted the versatility of this one for 2.5 seasons that I need warm and dry! Fly brand has not disappointed me yet!

paulcb

Rest In Peace
Bike
'97/'01 ST1100 ABSII
STOC #
Hey Coop. How's the sizing on your Terra Trek 4?

paulcb

Rest In Peace
Bike
'97/'01 ST1100 ABSII
STOC #
Seems they run true to size so I just ordered a Hi-Viz Large from Revzilla. $180, free shipping!

Seems to be a well liked jacket online. Hopefully I'll like it as much as Coop! ;)

OP
OP
CoopST
Sorry, I didn't look at this last night. Yes, true to size. I needed 2x, ordered 3x, it's a little big, but, I'm still very pleased!
Cold driving Rain at 0500 Friday and the top was dry as a tou could ever want!
But, my hands and crotch not so much! Time for retreating gear!

Top Bottom