Passenger Cell phone mount, need suggestions

STrangr

Mike O.
Bike
2007 St-1300 Abs
STOC #
Hey guys,
The mrs. is getting jealous of all my farkles and wants one for herself.
We often ride 2up, and on long rides she likes to listen to her music and check weather for us on her cell phone. I wired a charger for her under the seat which is long enough for her to put in her pocket but she is asking for a mount similar to what I have (Ram-mount) to hold her phone. Now the mount itself is not a problem, it's finding a location on the bike to mount it where it is close enough to her so she doesn't have to remove it all the time to use it.
Anyone have any suggestions?
gotta find something for her.
Happy wife, happy life ;)

Thanks,
Mike

Slydynbye

Will ride for Pie
Bike
2000 ABSII
STOC #
Hey guys,
The mrs. is getting jealous of all my farkles and wants one for herself.
We often ride 2up, and on long rides she likes to listen to her music and check weather for us on her cell phone. I wired a charger for her under the seat which is long enough for her to put in her pocket but she is asking for a mount similar to what I have (Ram-mount) to hold her phone. Now the mount itself is not a problem, it's finding a location on the bike to mount it where it is close enough to her so she doesn't have to remove it all the time to use it.
Anyone have any suggestions?
gotta find something for her.
Happy wife, happy life ;)

Thanks,
Mike
Something that attaches to your shoulder would make sense. A small harness perhaps.
Or a Heavy duty clear pouch sewn onto the Back of your Jacket.

Or Sew some Heavy Duty Velcro on your back and put the other side on the back of the Phone.

Last edited:
OP
OP
STrangr

STrangr

Mike O.
Bike
2007 St-1300 Abs
STOC #
Something that attaches to your shoulder would make sense. A small harness perhaps.
Or a Heavy duty clear pouch sewn onto the Back of your Jacket.

Or Sew some Heavy Duty Velcro on your back and put the other side on the back of the Phone.
All good ideas, but I was thinking new along the lines of mounting it on the bike as it will be connected to a charger and I don't want to have to remember to disconnect every time we get off the bike.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Bike
2003 ST1300
That's a keeper-wife. Mine hates motorcycles and hasn't ridden with me in twelve years. Course, maybe I'm lucky.

OP
OP
STrangr

STrangr

Mike O.
Bike
2007 St-1300 Abs
STOC #
That's a keeper-wife. Mine hates motorcycles and hasn't ridden with me in twelve years. Course, maybe I'm lucky.
It depends how you look at it, lol.
My ex-wife didn't like them and wouldn't ride either, hence the EX!!! This one loves to ride and doesn't want me go on trips without her.
I love riding with her, but once in a while a solo trip is nice.
You have to find a balance.
Try to find out what it is she doesn't like and try to accommodate her.

OP
OP
STrangr

STrangr

Mike O.
Bike
2007 St-1300 Abs
STOC #
Bike
2012 honda ST1300
STOC #
If you have a drivers backrest mount to it or put a mesh pouch on your backrest. I wear a Bilt high visibility vest sold by Cycle Gear over my jacket .It has a zipper pouch on the back . That is what my wife uses when she rides. She plugs in, drop her phone in and zips it up .There are plenty of ways to mount a ram ball but you are going to do damage to something, top of panniers, front side of top box , but you must drill hole. Or make a bracket that comes from under the passenger seat. But that type stuff will really hurt if you go down.

Tom Mac 04a

Site Supporter
Bike
04 ST1300a
STOC #
Use the idea like the ram tele pole, but find a FLEXIBLE stalk that can be bent down into the area between the two seat section
like this or similar, prob shorter tho;

-font-b-Flexible-b-font-Clamp-Mount-Jaws-Clip-font-b-Arm-b-font-Neck.jpg

paulcb

- - - Tetelestai - - - R.I.P. - 2022/05/26
Rest In Peace
Bike
'97/'01 ST1100 ABSII
STOC #
IMO, this all seems like a lot of effort for a problem that doesn't really need solving. Plus anything you hard mount could be dangerous. She's got two hands free... just have her hold it when she needs to see it. Otherwise, it can stay in one of her jacket pockets. If you need power, buy a case with a built-in battery.

Bike
2016 FJR
STOC #
My wife keeps a remote battery (anker) in her pocket to keep her phone charged up. She keeps the phone in her pocket, but some kind of tether on it wouldn't be a bad idea either. I can't think of any way to hard mount it to the ST. I've seen couples on Goldwings that ride in rallies where they have a pole mounted to the passenger grab handle and a powered GPS mounted to the top of it. That wing is a different beast though.

OP
OP
STrangr

STrangr

Mike O.
Bike
2007 St-1300 Abs
STOC #
If you have a drivers backrest mount to it or put a mesh pouch on your backrest.
Paul, no drivers backrest for me. She get that luxury ;-) Backrest on the Givi Topcase. I am wanting to avoid drilling holes. I am entertaining the idea of the bracket. I need to find a way where it is off to the side.
Thanks for the info.

Mike

OP
OP
STrangr

STrangr

Mike O.
Bike
2007 St-1300 Abs
STOC #
I think you might have something there. That looks ideal. No drilling, maybe attached to the grab bar. I already have a ram waterproof aqua box for her phone. I'll look into it further.
Thanks a bunch rekoob!!!

Top Bottom