Still alive and kicking....

ChipSTer

Growing old, but not up!
Bike
2004 ST 1300
STOC #
However, my bike as sat unused for over a year... Can't seem to get a kitchen pass, so I just gave up after a while. When I mentioned selling it (because it just kills me to see it sit), she said no, you need to ride, it'll do you good. So.... damn.... I guess I get to ride it again... Only 1 (or 12) problems. First was a dead battery... Got that sorted. Then I figured the fuel was probably bad, so I siphoned out everything I could get to from the top. Going to look tomorrow to see if there is a way to drain it from the bottom.... Then more bad news... Rust in the upper tank.... damn it! Oh well, I'm going to post that topic over in ST1300 tech if anyone wants to share some tricks and techniques. Thanks, guys....and gals.... :cool:

Edit: Dang it. From my signature, it looks like the bike has sat for 3 years.... crap!

Bike
2018 NC750X
STOC #
Happy to hear you finally got a kitchen pass... Sorry about the rust in the tank. Might want to try a radiator shop and see if they can clean and coat it for you. Just a thought.

ReSTored

Site Supporter
Bike
2019 Tracer GT
STOC #
I think I can relate to this. This season has been an odd one for me, a trip to OHSTOC and to ONSTOC and otherwise I've rode the ST on 2 other occasions, maybe 500 - -600km total. Life, family, cottage, new grandson, work, weather etc......... have happened and the bike has sat dormant in the garage and I feel slightly guilty about this. I have about 6 weeks before the winter season kicks in so a few more opportunities to ride will happen. I'm retired as of Nov. 1 so I'll have lots of riding time next season, or so I think.

sirepair

Let's RIDE!
Site Supporter
Bike
2003 ST1100P
STOC #
Chip! Long time, buddy!! Hope you get your STeed sorted out. I too have not been riding as much as I hope to.

Lanny

Former Rider
Bike
None
STOC #
Good to hear you're still kicking! Good luck with getting your STeed sorted out.

Bike
02 ST 1100
STOC #
ReSTored
I see that you are soon to join the ranks of the retired, Nov 1st. Congrats, and Good Luck. I also see you are looking forward to having more time to ride. Good Luck with that one too.
I retired last April 1st. Also looking forward to more riding. Well it hasn't happened, I rode more last year than I have been able to get in this one.
Yes I'm retired, but more has come up that I had to do than I ever thought about doing. Out of three bikes, only 2 are running, number 3 needs carbs cleaned. The ST needed a new battery, put it in, hope it is still up.
I need to get me another job, so I can have some time to ride, LOL.

Top Bottom