Circuit of the Americas MotoGP

Bike
2020 Moto guzzi V85T
The wife and I are thinking of going to Austin next year for MotoGP. We were at Indy this year and had great seating, we could see turns 10 through 15 and the front part of the straight away. Plus there was a big screen just in front of us to see the other parts of the race. Well Indy is not happening next year so we are looking at Austin.

For those that have been to MotoGP in Austin where is the best place to be to watch the race? It is hard to tell from their maps. Also has anyone bought the 3 day Honda package and if so how did that work out?

Thanks.

Bike
'05 ST1300
STOC #
We've been to all the Austin MotoGPs. I think that turn 15 is the best vantage point if you're going to buy reserved seats; we've been there all three years. I've already purchased next year's tickets, and I'd advise you to do the same while there's still a good selection. The free, motorcycle parking is close by, as are a number of food vendors and restrooms. If you go to the COTA website there's a link you can click on to actually see the view from various seats. It's a great track, and the racing has always been good. The cost for reserved seats is about $200 as I recall, twice what it was at Indy, but still a good deal in my opinion (good for the entire weekend.)

Bike
2013 Triumph Trophy
With the shape of the layout and the elevation changes, the Circuit of the America's is a difficult track to view multiple turns from one location. I agree with roginoz that the grandstand in turn 15 lets you see 12, 13, 14, 15 and the entry to 16. There are some stands in turns 4, 5, and 6 that also gives you a good view of quite a bit of the track, but I don't see them for sale on the COTA site for Moto GP. Maybe they are temporary for the F1 races as I don't recall seeing them when we attended Lone Star Le Mans.

Top Bottom