Handle Bar Vibration on My 2003 ST1300

Frank.Jester

Hooch
Bike
2003 ST1300
I have recently put on Pilot Road 4's on the front and back of my 2003 St 1300. I also put in "Ride On " prior to a trip from Texas to Florida to prevent an unwanted flat. I now have noticed a vibration above 75 MPH. I think I will take it in to the "Stealership" and have them remove the "Ride on" out of the front tire and rebalance the tire. Any thoughts?

Bike
ST1300A, TracerGT
When you put in the RideOn, you need to take the bike for a good 30-50 mile ride for it to settle in the right spot, if you didn't, that might be your problem.

Igofar

Site Supporter
Bike
2023 Honda CT125A
I have run ride on in several sets of tires without issues. I would check the front wheel assembly directions, wheel bearings, preload, and such before going to dealer.
Brake issues or smc grabbing could cause what your feeling. Check the steering head bearings and break away from straight ahead too.

Bike
2006 ST1300
I recently replaced the rear tire on my '06 ST1300 with a Pilot Road 4 GT- The front is a Stone 023GT, with 10K or so on it, with half it's life left. I DID balance the rear tire ( needed no weights), and put ceramic balance beads in it ( both front and rear). I notice now that I no longer get the "numb hand syndrome" after an hour of riding. I used to have to shake out my hands after a while of riding, but no longer. Rock STeady all the time. I do a blend of mountain twisties, and highway. I was not a total believer in the beads, but one cannot argue with results. For the low cost, ( 7 bux or so) entirely worth it. Never tried Ride-On, but have read up on it. The beads seemed to offer less chance of problems, so went with them as a first try out. ( Plus, I'm cheap, and the beads were less expensive...)

Bike
2020 Moto guzzi V85T
I have used Ride On once an got the most mileage I have ever gotten out of a set of tires. As mentioned earlier the bike needs to be ridden immediately after it is back together. Also Ride On remains somewhat viscous and will settle to the bottom of the tire after sitting. It will redistribute when ridden again. But where I noticed the odd thing with Ride On is when the bike was parked on the side stand over night. The next ride the bike would pull left and feel a bit wobbly until the Ride On got redistributed.

I have found that the cost for Ride On as a balancing agent only was a little pricey, but for flat protection security it is great, although I don't know if I ever got a puncture to test. Also the last two tires T30GT (F&R) have required no balancing.

Top Bottom