Honda Neowing?

T_C

Bike
2005 St1300
STOC #
To be released in Tokyo, Oct. 30th. No news of an ST.

la-fi-hy-honda-neowing-unveiled-at-tokyo-motor-001.jpg

Looks cool, curious to see the engine specs. Is it a reborn Wing 1200 powerplant?
But I still won't ever buy anything with 3 wheels.

OP
OP
T_C

T_C

Bike
2005 St1300
STOC #
Hmmm. A Can Am beater?
Might be.. it is a hybrid. So if they get the right combo of electric motor and gas powerplant with some nice batteries... might eat Can-ams on the track. But will probably also carry a equivalent price tag.

dduelin

Tune my heart to sing Thy grace
Site Supporter
Bike
GL1800 R1200RT NC700
2024 Miles
STOC #
Concept released September 30, 2015 for the Tokyo show. Not production yet but if it does remember that Slingshots and Spyders are already in showrooms and selling today. I'm sure Honda sees this as broadening product line for the non-riding public as well as a product for the guy aging off of two wheels.

Byron

STOC #
Kind of makes me think Honda would rather explore a new market area than try and keep loyal riders happy by replacing/upgrading an aging existing market.

wjbertrand

Ventura Highway
Kind of makes me think Honda would rather explore a new market area than try and keep loyal riders happy by replacing/upgrading an aging existing market.
I forget which moto-journalist wrote this but it seems spot on: "Honda seems to be building bikes for the customers it wishes it had"

dduelin

Tune my heart to sing Thy grace
Site Supporter
Bike
GL1800 R1200RT NC700
2024 Miles
STOC #
I forget which moto-journalist wrote this but it seems spot on: "Honda seems to be building bikes for the customers it wishes it had"
I guess it depends on your point of view. Without the editorializing the same journalist could with complete truth write: "Honda is the unrivaled #1 manufacturer of motorcycles in world. No manufacturer has has many customers as Honda has."

veefore

See you at my intervention!
Bike
15' BMW R1200RT
STOC #
Nice job Honda, that thing is sweet!! On second thought.......no

okckeith

Site Supporter
Bike
2017 Triumph Trophy
Re: Honda Couldn't make it with the CTX1300, so now they bring this out...really?

I think Honda needs to start drug testing there designers.

veefore

See you at my intervention!
Bike
15' BMW R1200RT
STOC #
Re: Honda Couldn't make it with the CTX1300, so now they bring this out...really?

I've said this before.........time to drug test the product planners AND take away their crayons :confused:

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
"Honda seems to be building bikes for the customers it wishes it had"
In corporate circles it's known as expanding market share. That doesn't happen by catering to the same old customers.

than try and keep loyal riders happy by replacing/upgrading an aging existing market.
If it were a significant market to Honda there would be a new ST and the more significant the sooner we'd see it. As it is Honda is courting a younger more open minded customer with new designs in products rather than upgrading an existing product for an aging small market.

When all these new drug-fueled designs flop and Honda stops selling bikes we can all laugh and shout I TOLD YOU SO! But I'm not holding my breath.

JPKalishek

Armadillo Kicker
Bike
2 '91 ST 1100
reverse leaning trikes (or is it leaning reverse) are not too bad. but something not a hybrid please. (being a concept, that is a possibility)
and fix that transformer face styling a bit.

Bike
1992 ST1100
STOC #
Uggghhh. More weirdness from Honda. Just build us a frickin' new ST!!!
I'm with you WJ.
It kind of reminds me of GM in the 80's. Look what happened to them.
Honda seems to be going down the same road, building products for markets that don't exist under the guise of "creating new markets".
"Just build as a fricken new ST". Now that's an existing market, although small.

Top Bottom