Butt Ache Solved

larryg

Site Supporter
Bike
2007 ST1300A
Thought I'd add my 2c to the ongoing ST seat discussion:

A PO put a Spenser-Modified stock seat on my ST.
It's OK for a couple of hours but not longer than that, a gel cushion helped but did not fix the discomfort. So I bought the Freedom-Air Sport Touring air cushion, after reading that MCN rated it the best:

http://www.longeride.com/Products.html

Not cheap, at about $180, but just returned from a 2000 mile trip down into MO and Arkansas and had NO butt discomfort at all :).
So, for me anyway, it was worth the price. Very satisfied! YMMV.

Bike
'16 or '08 Goldwing
Thought I'd add my 2c to the ongoing ST seat discussion:

A PO put a Spenser-Modified stock seat on my ST.
It's OK for a couple of hours but not longer than that, a gel cushion helped but did not fix the discomfort. So I bought the Freedom-Air Sport Touring air cushion, after reading that MCN rated it the best:

http://www.longeride.com/Products.html

Not cheap, at about $180, but just returned from a 2000 mile trip down into MO and Arkansas and had NO butt discomfort at all :).
So, for me anyway, it was worth the price. Very satisfied! YMMV.
I have the Airhawk 2, and it is MUCH better than the stock seat, but still could be better on a long ride. Based on your recommendation, and the info online, I just ordered the Sport version of the Freedom Air - hoping it will be even better than the Airhawk.
Hopefully they will ship quickly so I can have it for a ride next weekend!

OP
OP
larryg

larryg

Site Supporter
Bike
2007 ST1300A
I just ordered the Sport version of the Freedom Air - hoping it will be even better than the Airhawk.
Hopefully they will ship quickly so I can have it for a ride next weekend!
I had mine in under a week, they ship quickly.
I found that the key to making it feel right was to blow it up fully, and lower the seat a notch or two to make up for the slight extra height with the cushion on.
Enjoy....

paulcb

- - - Tetelestai - - - R.I.P. - 2022/05/26
Rest In Peace
Bike
'97/'01 ST1100 ABSII
STOC #
I have the FA sport and it's been good but not great. I've been using it at pretty low inflation. Will have to add a some air and see how it works.

Bike
'16 or '08 Goldwing
I had mine in under a week, they ship quickly.
I found that the key to making it feel right was to blow it up fully, and lower the seat a notch or two to make up for the slight extra height with the cushion on.
Enjoy....
They shipped today - so I should have it this week!

Bug Dr.

Extroverted Loner
You are the first person I have ever heard of going into AR without Butt discomfort when leaving.......
You are supposed to run AWAY from the banjo music not towards the music.......:D
Ii might have to check out one of them fancy seat pads. Thanks for the link.
Mike

Bike
2010 ST1300
You are the first person I have ever heard of going into AR without Butt discomfort when leaving.......
So, is that due to rough roads, long rides, tourista, or something else not related to ST's?

Bike
2005 Concours
I purchased the Airhawk 2, just before leaving for Fl. It made all the difference in the world. Problem not totally solved, butt (pardon pun) is much improved. Between the heat and the angle, of the seat, the only way I feel I'll totally solve the problem....is 2...sell bike or new custom seat.

OP
OP
larryg

larryg

Site Supporter
Bike
2007 ST1300A
:confused: Not sure I get that.....
Roads down there are fantastic - that's why we go every year, awesome riding, roads are 99% perfect condition,
And the cushion really did make a big difference. No butt ache (but plenty elsewhere, lol)....

Bike
04 ST1300
Does the Freedom air cushion raise the riders height significantly? I have tried the bike cushion. It is also very good. Raises the height less than o.25 inches. This product is about $120 shipped.

OP
OP
larryg

larryg

Site Supporter
Bike
2007 ST1300A
Does the Freedom air cushion raise the riders height significantly?
Sorry I didn't see your question sooner.....

The answer is yes, a little. For me, lowering the seat one notch, with the cushion on, put it back where I wanted to be. Very comfortable.

Bike
04 ST1300
Thanks for the response. On another question. Do u know anyone in the Illinois are who can install the Rostra cc on the st1300. Thanks.

Top Bottom